Rising Of Chaos

The Legend of Vaklam continues
It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 01:12

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weekly Message
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 13:50 
GOLDAM

Good Afternoon Campers,
I hope that this message, as ever, finds you all in fine fetlock and fettle and that you had an excellent weekend, I certainly did! I was dreading this Fort event, if I am honest: It has been a massively busy two months of 2014 as we push, again, almost 30 events already and lots of new people, prep work for four more Forts, advancing story line, new releases of the Guilds not to mention LARPtronics, general fatigue (he was a difficult battle) and illness have really slowed us down. So yes, it was with a sense of trepadation and moutning stress that I approached what could have been one of the most difficult Fort events of the year: Low on crew and sleep, with a larger group that I had anticipated but the largest that I had asked for we pushed on. The council arriving to dig up the road and preventing us making more than one kit run and it turning out that we hadn’t packed a key kit bag added to the frustration levels but we pressed on.

I am very glad that we progressed as we did because right now I really wish I was back in the Forts or even in the woods, continuing the story and chilling out with the guys during the breaks with a few beers and an old story or two. The event was, without a date, firmly everything that RoC was created to be and I am very proud of 17 years of work to see it functioning so well. To start with the people: The players were a well oiled machine, their leaders were nobles and generals and their foot soldiers were guildsmen and women of all types from Battered Shield and Crimson Brotherhood to MCTH and Silent Company. Priest, Ritualist or man carrying a bench all had a voice among the group and the players were nothing if not heroic. The crew worked the RoC way: No sleep till Monday, work like you are 3 people, become absorbed by your roles, look after the players and each other, fight to the bitter death (or run if needs be) and look to each other. I am always humbled by my crew, not just because they make my event work and act like tireless legends but because they look after me, they show me a frightening amount of respect and offer me their best and wisest councils on all things, you boys and girls of Vaklam played hard together and when it came to the time to put our feet up we partied hard together. I’d keep going but I think you get the idea; on those days when I forget why I do this I will think back to this weekend with fondest memories and be reinvigored.

So to my crew the following salutes: Shirley Wynne you are top of the tree. Not only did you crew you also fed us, patched us up, fed us again, did some shop runs, drove people home, went out of your way and fed us some more. You checked in on the folks on both sides of the fence, had your first tunnel fight and the kindest of words for all of us. Matt Hussey you get next mention, your hard and endless work in the last few weeks meant that the event could run at the system level and your diligence as a crewman meant that the event could....run. You worked so hard for so long and thats what got us to where we are now, I’m glad you had a great time, you definitely deserved your curry. Craig Beadnall; as ever you were outstanding as my lead ref, I had so many asides from characters to tell me what an excellent gem of a ref I had unearthed, of course I told them that I had taught you everything you know ;-) You are the man, we pulled of a doozy and if you hadn’t been there it would have been just a ....D.

Matt Warwick, as one of the full time crew you must feel slightly left out, not being a senior or story ref nor a medic or office monkey. However to you goes my MVP. I didn’t ask you to do anything more than crew but you went above and beyond. Your attention to detail in set dressing was superb in all areas that you approached and was mentioned heavily by the players. You were up early and bed late, you did what you were told without question even when surrounded by a gaggle of point filled refs. You took your beats and you moved on quickly, you built altars to dark Gods and gambling dens alike and I am most grateful to you. Ed Owen Jones and Simone Hibbert you also both worked tirelessly as second refs but more than that you both gave up your playing spaces and took up the roles of second refs without having seen very much in advance at all. Regardless you were both brilliant; Simone’s portrayal of the Queen of Karid Ren has been called out as one of the best bits of many events and Eds resplendent role as Professor Abbleyard, who would have got away with it if it wasn’t for those pesky Devourites, and also Devourite with brains blown out was aces. More than anything guys, thank you for giving up your playing slot so that others could play, I hate asking people to do it and I will buy you both hats at some point.

My Nods, bows and congratulations for their participation to those that made colossal effort to make it to the Forts in the tiny windows of freedom that their lives offer them. You could have slept, you could have played drop the pig but instead you chose to turn up and make sure that the players had a great time so: Paul Smith, Alexandra Phillips and Rich Hall you made the difference to the tired arms and legs of weary crew, thank you for talking up the burden all but briefly. Specially I should say welcome on board to Alex as this was her first event, you did well by making your opening manoeuvre bringing me my port. :D

The event next for t’were fab: From start to finish I loved it. The set dressing my crew pulled off, the politics and role playing of both crew and players and the fact that the players just took everything in whatever direction they wanted was brilliant. So – Favourite bits – The Queen of Karid Ren – watching Mirelle and Mallory come done to talk to her, whose kit looked so exquisite, making their peace and taking on board her burdens, followed by the clan and then the rest. Being Omar was brilliant, just everything about being Omar is always brilliant. The Causeway, being covered in cobwebs in a room covered completely in cobwebs with tables full of documents and props that were completely covered in cobwebs. To be honest I could talk endlessly about the event and I am sure I will over a beer or two and that is where my happiest moments come from. The system is still the system, the family grows and I found great pleasure in talking, drinking, storytelling, dancing and laughing to the point of collapse with my friends.

Well last week we worked out socks off finishing a Fort Event and then running it although the work up involved the finishing off of many character packs and boy did we work – between two people last week we did roughly 200 hours work and then we joined up with everyone else and we kicked arse. That’s enough crowing from me. We’ll be back to usual this week sorting guilds and planning events and the like.
The events for the weekend are on the boards if you want to come along and join in the magic and I look forward to seeing all you good folk that are along at the weekend and bumping into many more of you between now and then. In the meantime have a foxes and crows week amazing people.

Take Care

S

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 09:26 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you had an excellent weekend it was, for me, a pleasure to catch up with a number of old friends and ROCers who haven't been able to make it down for various reasons of situation and geography. It was, in all, a good weekend with lots of the burgeoning talent among the reffing team of RoC coming through and doing an excellent job where they could. So to that end I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to all those that helped the game come to life and show the players a good time. Matt Hussey (One ref and One co Ref), Matt Warwick (one crew), Craig Beadnall (One crew), David Orf (One A-Ref) and welcoming back Stuart Webb (One Crew) many thanks for giving up your free time to pop down and run around the woods and giving the players a chance to play the game.

So RoC carries on this week in the standard way we will work through as much in the way of paperwork, scoring and prep up for Forts and the like. There is a lot to get through in the weekends leading up to Imran, especially with the precursor this coming Saturday. Matt will be directing his efforts onto getting the scores out and prepping the character packs. Hopefully another guild handout will emerge this week but I will mainly be concentrating on getting all the plot and story sorted for the events. So if you have any plot enquiries or chaarcter pack inquiries it's one of the weeks that you can pester away :-)

Have a Foxes and Crows, I look forward to seeing many of you next weekend and bumping into many more of you between now and then .

Cheers
S

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 09:55 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

My felicitations to you after the weekend and hopes that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle. Well. That was Robins Birthday weekend and it was well played and well received. Lot's happened both event wise, plot wise and just generally fun wise. The clergy and all of its Churches have a new High Father, the Seven Legions have been revealed and the House of the Moon have been dealt into the game, twice apparently. The Rice Empire has been given a fighting chance against the Zalphynian forces and the Craft Father rise to power in the Shadowed Lands. Busy weekend all in if I do say so myself. All of this could not have been achieved without the help and assistance of all the crew that are willing to give up their free time to make sure that the rest of us mortals can have a good time.

So to those crewman that stood ready this weekend my thanks, particularly on Sunday you kept the story running, the pressure on the players in a high paced event and doing a really good job. Taking nothing away from the chaps on Saturday, everyone did a great job over the weekend and we took a lot away from it with a good sequence of storytelling and high action. Robin Hyde (Ref), Dazz Jones, James Dixon, Matt Hussey and Jamie Shipston you have, as ever my gratitudes and pride at a job well done. As much as ever my thanks to the players for an excellent weekend of roleplaying excellence, I was struggling, when asked a s a random question, to pick any one person as an MVP for Sunday alone, let alone the Saturday. Especially thanks to people that looked after and helped me when I turend my ankle so far over I could see the sole of my shoe. Broken much.

Let's now just look back at last week and what Matt and I achieved for you as we carry on the 9.04 conversion and keeping your stuff up to date:
• Put away and washed all of the Kit
• Processed the Event record Sheets
• Wrote your MMM
• Sorted the pub
• Wrote up the events from last week
• Cleaned the office
• Wrote and ran Saturdays event
• Wrote and ran Sundays event
• Completed the Scoring for the 4 events we lacked Event Sheets
• Sent out all experience updates
• Created first drafts of Faith Smith
• Recovered lost data from old drive
• Began work on the Yarrianite handout
• Sorted a processes book
• Updated CP002.10
• Update CP030.02
• Updated CP139.01
• Updated CP 140.01
• Updated CP 113.01
• Complete IN Bag for 001
• Complete IN Bag for 004
• Complete IN Bag for 005
• Complete IN Bag for 006
• Complete IN Bag for 007
• Complete IN Bag for 008
• Complete IN Bag for 009
• Complete IN Bag for 010
• Removed the Engineer Prestige
• Wrote the Servant Prestige
• Wrote the Glyph Master Prestige
• Wrote the Ritualist Prestige
• Wrote and published the Where once was Hope Prestige and Reward document
• Processed Shop Orders
• Created background and character for new player 175
• Made a sequence of props for the weekend events
• Held plot meetings for Daemon Sunday and the Banner of the Moon plots
• Wrote the Basanic geography chapter of the Royal Basin Handout
• Wrote the new RoC Introduction document for new players
• Created the full list of Artifciers
• Began the re-write for the RIce Empire

Apparently that will do.

This week we will be continuing as you would expect with a similar list to the one above. The exception of course to the that will be that I will attempt to be on the Skype channel for tonight's meeting. I'll just run you through briefly what I would like to talk about:
OOC Channel
• Thoughts on Prestige and status - How many should be available via the rules? If you don't take a status should you be allowed more prestige? What are some of the new prestiges like? What Prestiges would you like to see? - We are approaching this tonight because we are very close to releasing this document
• Effect reaction and immersion: Particularly over this weekend we have seen some players really going for the reaction to effects and Mighty Blows and the like. We'd like to talk about what we see as necessary for the game and levelling the playing field (less effects more reaction).
• Finally the system would like to talk to you about the forthcoming influence rules that are nearing readiness. We'll be showing you some ideas and seeing where you would like to go with influence rules as they come in for play testing.
• After that we are open for general forum.

I/C Channel
• The Traditional catch up
• What's with the House of the Moon?
• The change in Clergy Power.
• The Rice Empire
• Open Forum

This weekend the following games are up for grabs - Book in via the usual means if possible:
Saturday
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=326

Sunday
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=327

And don't forget the forthcoming Fort - Crew would be aces but more players are fine :-)
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=167
I should also mention that despite half of my refs being away for Empire in a few weekends time that the Super Duper heroic Robin Hyde is up for reffing the Sunday IF he gets a decent crew team AND a good amount of players. Start talking on the forums people.

And I think that is me for the minute.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you next weekend and bumping into others on the way between now and then.

Take care all

Stephen

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2014, 13:29 
GOLDAM

Good Afternoon Campers,
I hope that these words find you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you all had an excellent weekend doing whatever it was that you were doing. RoC went along just fine and everyone seems to have had a good time - I do love a couple of generics and the open endedness of the two days made them great fun. I had a good time, I particularly enjoy mysteries and the Dreaming of the Fae and the mind of the madman really lent themselves to the flavour. A fine job by all involved but, as ever, special thanks to the crew for giving up their free time to make sure other people could have a good one! So to those fine hero's goes my gratitude:
Matt Hussey, Matt Warwick (twice), Adam of the House Winchup and Jamie Shipston were the crew to whom those thanks are delivered in a small cardboard box filled with turkish delight and cheese and onion crisps. Moving on - As you know the majority of senior refs are away at Empire this weekend and despite Robin's willingness to ref on Sunday we are closed for the weekend on one of those rare, rare occasions. However we carry on again the weekend after with the ever so popular Fort event "Faithsmith the week after" as it stands there aren't any player spaces left - We are all full up but I am happy to take some more crew and if we manage that I will be able to open up a few more playing slots.
Last week the office was, as ever, busy and that work took us along the following route for you all:
• Put away the kit
• Wrote the MMM
• Sorted the pub tables
• Wrote up the events
• Produced six prestiges under the new format
o Duellist
o Outlaw (was bandit)
o Egarian Trader (was Zumtatakan trader)
o Watchman (Militiaman)
o Bounty Hunter
o Hunter
• Wrote up the new influence rules
• Completed and made the strength changes
• Wrote Mind Mage Prestige
• Wrote Herald Prestige
• Completed the manual with all the new changes in mind
• Completed IN bag 012
• Completed IN bag 013
• Completed IN bag 018
• Sorted the May bookings thread
• Had the initial refs meetings for the Rice Empire handout
• Furthered the the artificers storyline
• Wrote and ran two events
• Had a skype meeting
This week will be more of the same as we try to get as much done before Empire as possible but my focus now falls entirely on the Fort event and the status' that people need for that let alone the actual event itself! Watch this space however.
I will not be on Skype tonight as I am bloody knackered and deserve at least one early night this week :-)
In the meantime have a Foxes and Crows week you heroes and I look forward to bumping into many of you between now and the Forts.
S

PostPosted: 05 May 2014, 12:10 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you had a wicked bad weekend of fun and frolics :-) wherever you were and whatever you were doing. Here in the land of RoC we had a busy and productive weekend full of story, plot, story, fighting, plot, politics, story, romping (in the heroic fashion) and generally being Larpers. Of course it couldn't have happened without the heroic endeavours of my crew and I thank them greatly..... Matt Warwick, Dazz Jones, Jamie Shipston, Rob Horn you were all aces and I look forward to you playing off the credits you've earned in glorious battle in future days to come. This weekend marked the 52nd and 53rd events of the year and as we approach midway through I am glad to reflect on an excellent 5 months with some outstanding events, lots of new friends and a lot of good material produced. Now let us look forward to the this busy month of May and the even busier month of June:

This weekend we have two running events:
Saturday is open to all and will be, well, an RoC event so it will be at least wicked cool if not double bad etc... Matt and I are writing this week so we will be able to post up full details
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=360

Sunday is an open generic - All are welcomed, the same applies to this event as above - RoC event all good fun
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=361

The following week we have a banquet event which I am writing for this week: As with all banquets this will be a full on social with music, dancing and in this case a duelling club. We have been a little lapse this year thus far (what with the 5 fort events and all other McGuffins) and by popular demand the Banquet is here. Be there or be entirely somewhere else!
https://www.facebook.com/events/648384121877553/

Finally on the get booked in front the RoC event of the RoC event of the year is almost on us and we need to kick off and get going so book in asap please, over 30 attendees so far, we usually hit around 50 which is a nice number :-)
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=362

So last week, in a mammoth 140 hour struggle, the following was achieved:
• The Fort kit was cleaned. There was much of it.
• The Larping room was reorganised.
• All of the kit was put back away.
• The Tharinos outlines and story was written
• One hundred and eleven pages of relic upgrades were written
• Seven new prestiges written
• Character pack modifications made
• Finalisation of new downtime commodities made
• Downtime synopsis system streamlined
• Printer beaten with sticks until working again
• Fort event written up
• Two events written
• Two events run
• Banquet prepped.
• 12 hours sleep managed.
And all that on my Todd :-)

This week I will march on with the usual but for certain there will be a ref meeting regarding the scoring of the chaps from the last Fort event and the rewards therein. Equally I will be around on Skype tonight as it is the first weekend of the month. I am happy to discuss the current plans for downtimes, items and the like, the forthcoming banquet and the Tharinos situation.

I am obliged to mention also that if any of you wish to come with the RoC folk to Empire let me know and I will throw you into the mix.

Thanks for reading folks - Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I'll see attending folks next weekend and I really do look forward to bumping into some of you between now and then.

Our thoughts remain with Robin Hyde, you are missed muchly my friend and your name is spoken often around the table.

Cheers all

S

PostPosted: 12 May 2014, 10:14 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Here we go again for a Monday morning round-up and as ever I hope that this is a Monday morning that finds you all in fine fettle and fetlock. It was a bright and breezy weekend full of well told tales, tense politics, dynamic combats and dering do. A trip to the Spires of the Frozen North awoke the power of the Bluad and the Vorkisht, deposed the Landgraff of Firespire, returned a map of the lost scroll of the High Kings Library and assisted in a grand coup. This was followed up by investigation into a sickness spreading through the badlands in the North of the Western Marches, near a little place called Quintus, rebellious murderers and apathetic kidnappers paved the way for a return of Green and Badger. After that the illness turned out to be almost inactive Mandragoran, in order to defeat them the guildsmen fed them Crowned Ibbikan Blood. 'nuff said.

All of this was made possible by the wonderful reffing of myself; thank you thank you with my supporting cast of lusty crewfolk. It is to them now that I will offer my praise and gratitude: Pete Walls, Matt Hussey (twice), Jamie Shipston, Jake White, Simone Hibbert, Dazz Jones and Rob Horn your aid and proficiency with a blade were greatly appreciated. Some excellently outstanding moments across the weekend: The performance of the MCTh as they made their heist into the Royal Treasury, that was some proper squeaky bum moment. Dealing with the Rogue elements of the Western Marches was among the most entertaining moments of recent events! All this was made possible due to the actions of our most amazing crew.

So last week we spent the week basically rejigging the systems paperwork system and prepping work for later in the week as well as the usual packing away of kit. Unfortunately illness struck me low halfway through the week so our achievement rate was lowered. This week however the office is already bustling, the kit is being put away and cleaned and we have already ticked many things off of this weeks to do list. We will be focussing heavily on achieving the following this week:
• Writing a banquet and an event
• Populating the last of the downtime maps for use at the banquet
• Completing the influence rules for introduction at the banquet as one of the four major revamps of the downtime commodities.
• Continued upgrading of the character packs
• Production of a guild handout
• Production of 5 new prestiges
• Final procedures for efficient processing of the new paperwork being completed.

Upcoming we have two events at the weekend, Saturdays event has been cancelled as the main bookee is out of the game. I could run a new event but I could do with a day off if I am honest. The banquets are always fun be there :D

Friday night - The Banquet
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=362

Sunday Event
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=168

After this weekend the system seems to be deploying to Empire en-masse with our numbers growing every event. All are welcome etc and as we said before if you want to come let us know and we will add you to the relevant pages and so forth.

Beyond that remember that next month see's us running the marquis event of the year, its popularity is soaring, this time 5 years ago I would have said we were full up but we keep exceeding our limits time and again.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1433190930229845/

Any requests, need for xp or updates please pm Matt on the Forums and he will begin processing them on Tuesday this week. That is MATT on the FORUMS, not via FB please, his facebook is for his personal use. Feel free to observe the Skype protocols with myself: Green you can talk to me about anything you need to, Yellow just personal stuff no work and Red speaks for itself.

I will be about tonight I suspect but will not be hosting a mainstream Skype meeting. My availability on Skype will increase around times of the banquets and the Tharinos as there will be lots to cover.

Right, stick a fork in me I'm done. Have a Foxes and Crows week people I'll see some of you at the weekend and look forward to bumping into more of you between now and then.

Look after each other.

S

PostPosted: 19 May 2014, 08:21 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Welcome to another Monday Morning Message and I hope that this one finds you in fine fetlock and fettle. It is always pleasant to see a bright and sunny day roll over the horizon, may you all be enjoying one. RoC had a great weekend full of banquets and duelling clubs and journeys to the Veeda Korvoda in the long forgotten lands of Helgath. Highlights for me were definitely the pistoliering competition with the pre event lessons and bullet catching routines, possibly also the brutality of the "duel" between Quintus and Inigo (On his long awaited return). On that note it was great to see both Inigo and Vargrim out and about this weekend after extended leaves! I should make special mention to the opening sequences of Under the Ice and Snow which was nicely followed through and portrayed by crew and players alike.

On that note: Much deserved to my outstanding crew of the weekend who joined the ever present me in our adventures: Helen Robinson, Rob Horn (twice), Matt Hussey and Gary Llewellyn you have my ever present gratitude. I'll add now the additional thanks to David Orf who has helped out last week with the herbs project for the last parts of the downtime that we will be posting up this afternoon. Which leads us nicely into what took place in the office last week; here is what you pay your hard earned tenners and crew credits for:

• Kit cleaned, washed and put away
• Event Sheets Processed
• Monday Morning Message, messaged.
• Events written up
• Office cleaned and tidied
• Banquet premised and written
• Banquet run
• NPC's added to NPC documents
• Finalise and write up Influence rules
• Full day of character pack sorting
• Spy prestige written
• Merchant prestige written
• Scout prestige written
• Pistolier prestige written
• Master Explorer prestige written
• Sunday Event written
• Sunday event run
• Morning of player enquiries dealt with
• Fort Xp and Rewards written up and sent out
• Final Karrid Ren rewards written
• Herb cards prepared

This week we will cover a sequence of prestige classes and begin work for the glossy Down Time manual when you have all had your say regarding the current outlines. However this is the week when RoC goes to Empire so we will be out of office from Wednesday night.

The build up for Tharinos is going well so get yourself involved in the big event of the year, everyone seems really geared up for it and we are looking forward to running it immensely. Not that we don't for every event!

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=168

Right: I hope that you have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing Empire folk at the weekend and bumping into more of you between now and then.

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 08:52 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle following an excellent weekend, those along had another cracking weekend one that I think has taken another step back towards the levels of excellence that fell a little due to extreme fatigue a few months ago! This weekend weekend we delved into the Helgathian restoration which took us from the ancient Veeda Korvoda to the sleeping Tzars that watched over Shi Ashlan. Battling Factors and Husks and meeting a legion of the legendary Grei Eaölfs of Eaölfheim. Beyond that the Peerless Craft was discovered once more and, for the cost of many lives, hope was returned to Helgath. It looks like the beginning of a great War Campaign and our thanks to all the players and their collosal praise post event, along with the crew that came out and participated this weekend.

So to Me! For reffing and to Robin Hyde for co-reffing, Simone Hibbert for A-Reffing and to our outstanding crewmen: Kevin Pothecary, James Dixon and the legendary Rob Horn go the lions roar of reward and the round of applause of gratitude. This coming weekend, as ever, we will be running out two events for which a number of players and crew are always appreciated! Let's take a quick look at those:
Saturday
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=382
Over the border is a standalone event open to all - The blurb covers it.
Sunday
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=383
Overawed is a plot event that leads us into Tharinos, by the sound of things it will be Sennig/Torakaylin based and will invlove, dun dun dun da, HRH Kingly McQuintuson ;)

Just to keep in mind as well that Tharinos is at the end of this month and the price has gone up now, however if you want to get involved let us know asap - Numbers are all good atm but I would always be happy for more crew to play dedicated NPC's and more players always makes the game more interesting. To keep you in the loop Tharinos is pretty far down the planning and written route and dressing for the event is going to be by far and away the best we have ever done and that, given our previous standards, is really saying something :-) We are all very excited about it - without a doubt some of the best prep and writing as we continue to improve on each and every event.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=168

Last week we really pushed the boat out on Tharinos work planning the basics, prepping the layout and concentrating on how we wanted to dress the tunnels and rooms to make them look nothing like the Fort. (which we have :-)). We also pushed more downtime information about the place, moved the maps forward so that we will have full scale trade, military and political maps at Tharinos, completed a sequence of new downtime work and wrote and ran events at the weekend. The bushels and ingots have been drafted out to support the downtime system so we have physical aspects to these dimensions of the game and the first herbologists handbook has been produced, even though we wrote that three years ago! We also managed a Friday night social which is both rare and remarkable but it was great to see so many people "normally".

This week we will be, again, attacking the Tharinos workload and writing and running the usual two events. We will also be closing the downtime book and allocating influence cards and the like to players so that we can open their use at Tharinos. The overhaul of the military rules should be kicked into touch this week so they can also be used at the next Tharinos, you never know. Yet another five prestiges will be added to the lists and guild work will continue on top of the usual tidy up and cleaning of the larping room in general. Meetingwise we will be chucking out the Skype meeting tonight where downtime and prestige and all the new stuff can have questions fielded and tomorrow we will be having the first Tharinos crew meet - so crew sign up and get on board :-)

Right, that is me done, have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into more of you between then and now.

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2014, 10:09 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you had a an excellent, action packed weekend. Ours started in the excitement of a Thunderstorm which took out my monitors and a substantial section of my garden and caused a bunch of players to ditch on what was a gloriously sunny day and an excellent event! It finished with weary players and crew after too much fun in the sun drama and tension and Aloysius Lionsgold forced into taking the Regency! It was a top notch extravaganza with players and NPC's alike reduced to tears and rage and also death in some cases! All of this could, of course, not have occurred without the stalwart support of my amazing crew so:

Stephen Canfield, that's me, for reffing twice, Matt Hussey, Rob Horn (Twice), Adam Whincup and Jo Gregory (welcome on board), well done chaps you were all outstanding, we got through a lot of event and we didn't falter! Equally thanks to Matt Hussey in the office and Dave Orf in his own office for all the behind the scenes help and effort hat is going into RoC at the moments! Next week we have a double two day epic that I have been given permission to write as a generic, I will get the blurb for that up asap but it is Sara's birthday weekend so I expect peeps will turn up to celebrate regardless!

So we are in the final countdown for Tharinos and we have to know if you are coming soon so any changes or maybes please to let us know. And pay me. Now.

Saturday and Sunday
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=384

Tharinos
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=387
So last week what did we do?
• Tidied up everything, cleaned it all etc.
• Published all the Tharinos preliminaries to the Tharinos group page
• Had our first Tharinos meeting
• Sent the Tharinos Host a whole load of information
• Finished phase one of the Tharinos maps that will be printed OR carved OR 3D printed for Tharinos
• Had a Skype meeting
• Wrote another chapter of the Royal Basin Supplement
• Produced all Terrefian and Ekimalahw
• Wrote Professional Soldier Prestige
• Wrote Champion of the Faith Prestige
• Wrote Iron Champion Prestige
• Wrote Master of the Dark Places Prestige
• Did all our event Paperwork
• Developed 10 more prestige outlines
• Organised the new Golden Table
• Organised the new Azure Table
• Spent lots of money on new kit and props
• Made a number of new props, wall hangings and the like for Tharinos
• Wrote about 85% of the new and much more simplified downtime system
• Began work on the new DT combat system
• Created the dynamics for the politics of Tharinos
• Made the mould for the new ingots
• Removed a load of useless rules from the game.

This week will be more of the same as we complete the downtimes books for standard and military downtimes and provide the props to support it. We will be finishing the Tharinos documents so that we have the final two weeks to concentrate solely on prop building and the like. We'll also publish the first I/C Tharinos books and give you some real froth to look forward at the game. There will be more prestige class work, guild handouts can resume properly when the downtime book is done and, on Thursday, Matt and I will be up for answering character enquiries as we work to make sure your influence, your bonuses to it and so forth are all up to date for the release of the rules updates at Tharinos.

Tharinos crew: Make sure you are looking at the updates on the FB page and remember the meeting is tomorrow night!

Right I had best get on with my day, I am about on Skype most of the week remember the rules though please - Green is good to talk about anything, yellow is free to talk but not really about work and red is leaveth me alone!

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you next weekend and bumping into more of you between now and then.

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2014, 09:47 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you have all had an excellent week and weekend. Over in Vaklam we had tip top weekend that began with a missing thespian but that led us to the opulence of the Western Marches, the power that wealth brings, shotgun weddings, cuckolded Egarian Merchant Kings, oddly dressed automatons, helpful Kuldisar and disgruntled Egarians. Inkwells, pens and books ended the day along with tales of missing children and buried secrets from the time of old Malhara! Onwards to day two and a return to the Kuldisar of helpful nature saw a journey to Egaria and the tomb of that Merchant King. Calling upon the mighty Dahkan and after eating scarabs travel continued to a ruined city, after Sand Krakens and Scorpions, where the dead rule. Dealing with the Mighty Al Fay battles was met against the Krevalos, Children are saved, a mighty cash of knowledge uncovered and everyone makes their way home for tea and medals. All in an excellent weekend.

As ever the magic and the mayhem would not have been doable without the wonderful ministrations of our wonderful crew so big hip hip hurrahs for them! Stephen Canfield, that's me, for reffing two days, Rob Horn for doing the dirty both days and to Dazz Jones for joining us on the Sunday to make up the numbers. Great weekend, the highlights of which, for me, was playing the theatre owner and being the mouth of the Sand Kraken. Wicked bad fun. Equally of course: Happy Birthday to Sara, we all hope you enjoyed the weekend and the cake that Stick made for you. Next weekend Pete had offered to run an event but I think that is off the cards as he has a lot of crew but is thin on players. Sunday however we are running the Lonan North and associated friends through a journey to Helgath, I will put up more details asap. Equally Tharinos is right around the corner and it is getting busier and busier, you can still come and play, you can still come and crew just keep us in the loop. Also pay me please.

Sunday
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=386

Tharinos
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=168

Post Tharinos
https://www.facebook.com/events/631659230249944/

Looking back to the week just gone let's have a look at what we have done and where you rhard earned Larp Dollars are going: This week we packed our bag and in it we put:

• Stocked away all the kit, cleaned it and tidied the Larp Room
• Completed three new Tharinos documents relating to how your characters can interact with the politics and resources of your Kingdoms on a global scale
• Finalised and Published the Downtime rules (30 hours)
• Organised, ran and minuted the Tharinos meeting
• Processed your scoring sheets and sent out the scores
• Updated the Lord of Tharinos with all changes
• Produced Tiberius, Yarrianne and Naed scrolls
• Sourced backing, cut and prepped boards for Tharinos set dressing
• Shifted kit to Tharinos resource points
• Created Holy Symbol Templates for sheet printing at Tharinos
• Wrote the Guild Master Prestige
• Wrote Elemental Champion Prestige
• Rewrote all of the Building and Settlement rules (20 Hours)
• Developed the Basanic Maps further
• Wrote the preliminary for new downtime combat
• Had a player Query Day
• Sourced many props for Tharinos
• Prepared the Subterfuge rules

This week more of the same as we gather speed to the Tharinos, we have covered a lot of the Tharinos ground but there is always work to do. In matters of excitement we have opened up the booking to Thursday so that we can get in early and have set up done by Thursday night - That means that we can open the doors on Friday morning so if anyone is free on the Thursday and wants to help in set up let us know!

Ok - So that will do for me for one morning.

I may well be around on Skype this evening but remember the rules of Red, Amber and Green please.

Right: Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend, especially at the Wedding of that good for nothing Kevin and the lovely Dawn! I also look forward to bumping into some of you between now and then.

Take care of each other

S

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next