Rising Of Chaos

The Legend of Vaklam continues
It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 01:05

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weekly Message
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2014, 08:32 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this morning finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you truly had a good a weekend as we did. What a weekend to follow up the Tharinos with, I am honestly torn between which one I enjoyed more! The Unrelenting Kingdom on Saturday was just the right pace to begin the weekend with as the players experienced the perfect blend of Knightly combat, Lustful Knights, Crazy beggar folk and, of course chess pieces. What a finale to finish on as the Hag descended, the Veil of Taranis was broken and the new King of the Unreletning Kingdom Crowned, not to mention one of the classic debriefs. The following day stepped up the pace with a classic RoC event; The Walking Dead, a deepening mystery, the sacrifice of fallen heroes, daemons, more mystery, the rite of the fallen warrior, the choice of corruption, the MOST epic battle for an age, the defeat of the Sire Raven and then the choice of the skull.

All of the above was blended with the most excellent roleplaying both in combat and throughout and the usual RoC banter making it a weekend that will be recanted over a jar for years to come :-) Of course none of this would have been possible without the crew that made it soooo good: Some goon for reffing both days, The outsatnding Rob Horn on both days really performing outside of the usual comfort zones, Holly Goodall doing a brilliant roleplaying job for your first time in the woods, Matt Warwick and Jamie Shipston on Sunday really pushing themselves in combat and through the roleplaying to make the event a potentially legendary one: You all recieve my deepest thanks for a weekend that was as much fun if not more than the last weekend at the Forts!

And so on that note let's look to keep the ball rolling and look at the weekend ahead. For personal reasons Robin is away this weekend so he will be unavailable to run Sunday - I was hoping to play away on a Daemon Sunday but it is now re-opened to booking and there have already been some rumblings. I am very happy to ref, especially after the last two weekends my keen is really up. The Saturday remains booked as follows.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=426

Crew and players still welcomed.

So after Tharinos we worked through a bunch of stuff this weekend, mainly you can see via the forums that the continuing efforts to improve your game are going on as they have been for the last 17 years! Equally the efforts to put away ALL of the kit from the weekend, clean it and repair all damage are also slowly progressing, in the meantime this is what we have been up to:
• Your MMM
• Written two events
• Ran two events
• Sorted out July Bookings
• Engaged in sensible debate in 10+ topics regarding system improvements.
• Updated and engaged with the Golden Table format and ergo that format for all other political bodies.
• Created several Magic Items solutions
• Organised and Actioned Scoring meeting from Tharinos
• Finalised Subterfuge downtime
• Produced the Artisan Prestige Class
• Produced the Assassin Prestige Class
• Completed the finalised Prestige listings.

This may not seem like a huge list for this week but the forum debating and behind the scenes work on that front have taken up a lot of time.

This week we will be aiming to cover a lot of ground as we work towards finalisation: All those topics on the forums will be resolved and implemented, Tharinos debriefs will come in, the downtime updates will be implemented and new scoring rules will kick in. We'll also be looking at new areas and privileges for the Forums, August Bookings, Guild Handouts (assuming the rules are clarified quickly), new prestige and the next Fort Event.

It is the first Monday of the Month so I will be on Skype tonight and the topics of conversation will undoubtedly be the forum areas and the downtime situation as people keep asking me about it :-) Also, of course, we will be about to answer as many of your general questions as we can!

So as I sign off we should remember that there are several folk who aren't about at the moment for reasons beyond their control and they should know that we are all thinking of Jon Caney and, in the same thought, James Caney and Robin Hyde at this time.

Ok kids - Have a Foxes and Crows week, I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into more of you between now and then.

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2014, 10:14 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Well met good folk, I hope that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you are all having a fine morning after a fantastic weekend. The world of RoC was made a better place for yet another excellent weekend as we carry on from the fine example that we laid down at the Tharinos. It was a fine pair of events, albeit in somewhat sweltering conditions, finishing with rounds of applause all round which is always a good sign and one that has greeted the close to play of the last four RoC days. Most pleasing to hear. So this weekend: The return of the Pantheon in Soul Anchor under a blazing banner, pressing from the Torakaylins, the grey keep takes to the sky, blights in Shriekspire, the Torakaylins (again) with a foothold in the Tao, the Frozen Men and messages from Mr North, the powers of the portfolio descending and seeking mortality once more: Aret Norf and St Lucien walk among us and powers beyond our usual reach are within our grasp! (And that was just Saturday!)

Sunday saw the quiet village of Path investigated and the first word in fourteen years of the missing Mockingbird Lords and the power of the Lord Scop. In a desperate action that involved sending in the best riddlers, which I am sure Matt Hussey would appreciate and daemonic combat the guildsmen were successful in recovering the whimsy of the unseen court and the trods of the three kings among other things. As ever this weekend would not have been the weekend that it was without the help of the wonderful crew: Jo Gregory, Tom Bestow, Matt Warwick, Jamie Shipston and the excellent Rob Horn, with guest appearance from yours truly, did an outstanding job as ever and really made for an excellent weekend despite the heat!

Next time on RoC:
Saturday
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=453
Sunday
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=452

Both great events - Matt Hussey running on Sat - Let's see a good turn out for him :-)

Last week we made lots of changes to the game and finished up a lot more work. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you have put their faith in the work that we have done. You have trusted us for a lot of years and we really do work hard for you: I work 20 hour days 7 days a week, Dan, Robin and Gary all have full time jobs that take them well into extra hours and they still give you a couple of hours a day, easy, to work for you. Matt works in the office tirelessly all week and the rest of the ref team equally hand over their time on a frequent basis and the level of rallying support for their efforts is grand! For those that have chosen to attack the refs over this: You have very, very much hurt the people that do all this work for you because they care enough about you having the opportunity to be here in the first place. Trying to lash out at the anyone, let alone the ref team, because it makes you feel better about yourself is not acceptable. 'Nuff said.

So what did we do last week that makes the whole game even more larptastic then it already is?
• We washed a whole bunch of kit from the forts
• We stacked and racked a tonne of kit
• We wrote a MMM
• We wrote two events
• We ran two events
• Ameh made a poster
• Finalised PAC rules
• Finalised DAC rules
• Finalised MAC rules
• Finalised Magic Item rules
• Finalised Damage Calls
• Finalised Stacking Rules
• Changed the Blessing rules
• Changed the Scoring and booking rules
• Finalised the Downtime Warfare rules V1.02
• Created the Golden Table Forum and Actioned Points
• Organised and had a Skype Meeting
• Made the August Booking Forums
• Wrote up Blessed of the Ancient Way Prestige Class
• Wrote up Champion of Faith Prestige Class
• Wrote up Elemental Champion Prestige Class
• Created Champion of Duty Prestige Class
• Created Champion of Liberty Prestige Class
• Created Champion of Time Prestige Class
• Created Champion of Travel Prestige Class
• Created Champion of Torment Prestige Class
• Created Champion of Ravens Prestige Class
• Wrote the Helgathian Overview and published for the Breaking the Ice campaign
• Created and wrote the preliminary for the September Fort
• Created downtime access sheets
• Actioned our first new playtest downtime
• Made a full list of Armies to play with
• Created new characters with people

That seems like a lot to me and that doesn't include all the boring stuff! This week we will mainly be concentrating on getting all the updates into a written format and to finish the outstanding projects now that the rules are finalised (again). Other than that I would like to get the Azure table up on the Forums with the success of the Golden Table and start working towards Rhygarhean and similar areas. People seem keen for me to do some advertising apparently so we'll give that a go and we'll also finish up the titanic amount of work that goes into a Tharinos debrief and scoring session. I am sure more than this will happen, it has already been a busy morning! However I am away at a wedding this Saturday and the build up to that will eat a lot of my time so it may not be as glorious as other weeks have been.

Ok - That will do. Again, we had a fantastic weekend, I can't express how much of a difference has been made and the new life that has been breathed in by the Tharinos. truly epic, really friendly, really happy days have danced by in the last fortnight and I am looking forward to more. As ever, though, our thoughts are with Robin Hyde and Jon and James Caney as they face difficult days, you know where we are if you need us guys.

So: Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into more of you between now and then.

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2014, 10:39 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Welcome to the Monday Morning Message, I hope that it finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you all had an excellent weekend and enjoyed the sunshine especially people that were away at the Vale, It's all madness, Green Cloaks et al you look like you had an aces time :-) Personally I had a great Wedding, mainly because it was full of Lego and the happy couple had dedicated a huge plate of cheese particularly to me! Equally another great weekend of RoC; all the feedback from the Saturday event was hugely positive for Matts first solo outing, although he did single out Robin for helping out with some training wheels when the bike began to wobble so hats off to him. Sunday clearly awesome: Mysterious hunters, freaky children, daemonic corruption, haunting cities and underground evils with a proper cliffhanger ending with the playing group split into three areas: One in stasis, another ported to a mysterious and abandoned locale and the rest dragged away by ruthless hunters of the supernatural for torture. Needless to say the debrief and fallout was still going on deep beyond the throwing out from the pub!

I am guessing at Saturdays highlights but I imagine players and crew can fill in somewhere but: The return of Lord Disguise, a massive stitch up, new nemesis and making innocent guardsmen lose their jobs and turn into homeless bums seem to have been some of them. As ever this would have gone with out such amazing features, rolling areas and excellent roleplaying and combat if it were not for the brilliance of our hardworking crew so: Matt Hussey and I for reffing and also Matt for crewing the Sun AND Two days of Robin Hyde, Simone Hibbert, Rob Horn and the one dayers: Adam Whincup, Tiff Williams (welcome on board you), Craig Beadnall and Tom Bestow: You rule, like big damn heroes, the realm of being double wicked bad! Equally of course our thanks to the players (And welcome on board Holly for the playing) for making the weekend as enjoyable for us.

So that was another fantastic weekend with new people, great story, several deaths and the usual excitement. As we turn to the next weekend we note that a lot of the ref team are away at Empire so a quiet weekend RoC as only stories are told of it! However I will take the opportunity to remind you all of the Fort Event that is coming up in September.

https://www.facebook.com/events/238034076357969/

It should be noted that as it stands we have a good crew so if you are not sure which to do playing is probably what is needed to balance the odds at the moment.

Last week we kicked the system about some more and achieved a hell of a lot again, to be honest your System Team are doing an outstanding job at the moment and we will have all of this rewrite malarkey wrapped up in about 3 or 4 weeks I reckon! Here's what your LArping dollars earned you last week:

• All your kit was washed and put away
• The larping room and office was cleaned up and tidied (This is always an undertaking!)
• Your events were written up
• We wrote two events
• We ran two events
• Wrote your MMM
• Completed and published latest downtime combat rules
• Updated to Manual v.9.06
• Published Manual v.9.06
• Umbrella: Went through a lot of new stuff with a lot of new RoCers
• Created the Azure Table Forum
• Actioned the Azure Table posts
• Finished the De-Brief from Over the Moon
• Finished the De-Brief from Sire Raven Event
• Xp Checked a bunch of people to get totals right
• Sorted Downtime Envelopes
• Did a day of influence updates
• Completed first tester downtime - Successful
• Sorted August Bookings
• Fixed up a bunch of props
• Had the next Fort meeting and sorted prop creation for that event
• Learnt five new words
• Typed up Champion of Justice Prestige
• Typed up Marine Prestige
• Typed up Marksman Prestige
• Type of Champion of Tales
• Typed up Soldier (renamed recruit)
• Designed new Scoring Sheet
• Designed new battleboard
• Sorted missing Event Scores
• Cut out lots of money and bushels

That seems like a lot to me :-)

This week we are heading to Empire, as indicated so we may well not be able to achieve AS much but we will give it our best shot. We will be mainly sorting all the blurb and preliminary planning for the August events, going through a load more of the prestiges and guild handouts for the big release and prepping up a lot of the back blurb for the all the new releases so that they are as world information crammed as they are character stuff. We'll also get those scores and debriefs out and the story write ups that players are asking for BUT if we get them up on the Forums you have to keep them updated we don't have the time to keep doing it ourselves.

Ok - That will do. Again, we had a fantastic weekend, these have been some of the best events that have run out this year, full of positivity, excitement, cooperation and super friendly. Good job everyone. As ever, though, our thoughts are with Robin Hyde and Jon and James Caney as they face difficult days, we are still right here if you need us!

So: Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into more of you between now and then.

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2014, 07:52 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Welcome to the Monday Morning Message; I hope that it finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you all had an excellent weekend and that you are all well. Those of us that went had a warm but pleasant weekend wandering around the streets of Anvil at Empire achieving great feats and making the world a better place. I hope that all of you equally had an excellent weekend of wonder and excellence, didn't get too hot and bothered and saw many friends! Obviously no RoC happened this weekend but we will return to an uninterrupted month of August next week with the following events on Saturday and Sunday:

Saturday
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=485
Players and crew welcomed!

Sunday
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=486
As ever crew/players etc etc :-)

Equally let's not forget booking in for (and paying for) The Fort Eevent:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=169

So not the longest of messages in the history of RoC: As we expected we only had three days to get things done last week and here's what we managed:
• Put away all of the kit
• Wrote the MMM
• Cleaned up the office
• Finalised the August Bookings
• Wrote 14 three page event overviews for August (That was a biggy!)
• Updated Silent Company
• Completed Knight of the Iron Table
• Completed Pistolier
• Completed Scholar
• Completed Scout
• Addressed the outstanding scoring
• Added Trappings to Prestige
• Updated previous prestige with new exits
• Added new skills to prestige

This week we will try to make up for lost time by sleeping less; our aims remain as they are each week to work through everything that we need to do. We reserve a page on our task list each week for player personal requests just so you know that we are also making our way through those. As ever, though, our thoughts are with Robin Hyde and Jon and James Caney equally we hope that Neil Gunfield recovers from his leg problems asap.

So: I MIGHT be on Skype tonight but I am very tired/busy: Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into more of you between now and then.

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2014, 10:17 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Welcome to the Monday Morning Message; I hope that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you had an excellent weekend in the sunshine. For our part we had an exhausting and somewhat draining weekend due to the heat but once again it was a rollercoaster of outstanding, according to the players and crew anyway. Saturday saw us further the story in the Frozen North uncovering truths of the Torakaylins, coming to conclusions, long talks with Quinn, stabbing up Lothar Torakaylin and witnessing, finally, the shadowplay that Johnny Balled the storyline. Coming home with one of the Vorka (witches) really helped the win as well. Sunday was a grim and bloody battle into the warzone that is Maryat, titanic were the clashes and awesome was the roleplaying; good old fashioned carrion crawlers and gelatinous cubes then onto some old friends in the form of Daemons, Madragoran, the long dead and even the Baby Boiler of Vopanderan! New blights, a proper Zombie hoard, St Lucien and his Dead, Keys and collection, repair, that MASSIVE battl, deaths and Daemons and the brilliant, brilliant Naedite room, the story of Katarina Steelheart and the last battle of Maryat and endings. Great, great weekend.

Usually I'd launch straight into my thanks for the crew but before I do I'd like to make sure that I passed on what the players shared with me: Despite the heat people had a great time and were full of praise for everything from the roleplaying, the commitment to getting the kit all the way around the site, the up for it fighting and the reaction to blows and the all round excellence of the event. I guess some props to me and Robin for the writing ;0) So then to my crew the upmost of praising: Rob Horn, Dazz Jones, Adam Whincup, Matt Hussey, Rachel Carter and Jamie Shipston you were aces crew over the two days and to Robin Hyde for co-reffing with me on Sunday. Personally I thought that the Shadowplay on Saturday and the battle on Sunday were my standouts and the whole power of the story behind the Naedite room of sacrifice, really good, strong material, I felt very involved. Another ace weekend of the RoCverse.

So that's another weekend down and another one to look forward to, it is very rewarding to see all the hard work that is going into events and the system being appreciated with the big turn outs of crew and players and the rocking times that we are having. Here is what we have coming next weekend:

Saturday
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=487

Sunday
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=488

And let's keep not forgetting the big Fort event should be another corker:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=169

Last week we worked our socks off, I did a lot of 20+hour days and our hopes of the finishing off the current major project by the end of the month are high. Here is where we got to last week:

• Washed and put away a bunch of kit
• Replaced a number of potion cards
• Replaced a number of scrolls
• Wrote the MMM
• Wrote and ran the Saturday event
• Wrote and ran the Sunday event
• Actioned a load of the Tharinos paperwork for the Golden Table Forum
• Wrote 85% of the Tharinos de-brief (Waiting on final info)
• Revised and published the Downtime Combat rules for DT v.3.02
• Developed the Crimson Brotherhood
• Developed the Azure Order
• Developed the Oath
• Developed the Bold Companions
• Published the Academy of Bold Companions
• Typed up Scribe Prestige
• Typed up Spy Prestige
• Typed up Champion of Serenity Prestige
• Typed up Champion of Duty Prestige
• Typed up Champion of Ipseity
• Wrote Champion of the Moon Prestige
• Wrote Apprentice Artificer Prestige
• Wrote Spirit Talker Prestige
• Wrote Ley Psi Prestige
• Wrote Field Agent Prestige
• Write Beast Speaker Prestige
• Wrote Blade Singer Prestige
• Wrote Disciple Prestige
• Wrote Sacred Purifier Prestige
• Wrote Enforcer Prestige
• Wrote Spellsword Prestige
• Wrote Sawbones Prestige
• Wrote Craftsman Prestige
• Wrote Skivvy Prestige
• Sent out a plethora of scores
• Updated a plethora of piety and influence numbers
• Assisted in a number of character builds
• Organised and had our next Fort meeting
• Began building of Fort Props
• Published around 30 Prestige classes to the refs forums
• A miscellany of other minor tasks.

This week - We'll keep going through all of the workload of guild handouts, prestiges and keeping a tally of where you are as characters. Keep writing the plot and the story, keep plugging away at the events and, as I said, try to get these projects finished by the end of the month. If you need scores, influence totals and the like please do PM Matt on the forums and we'll add it to the list and we'll get on with it. We won't do that unless you ask us to however so please do go for it, there is a lot to get through (The above list was about a third of what we would have liked to get done) but we WILL get there. Remember that there is also a small child and Karl running around the LARPing room all week!

Today is the first day of Downtime for 3.02 - As this is the first week I will be keeping downtime submission ALL week until next Monday night. As we get used to the new format we will start to tighten up on the submission period. Lets also not forget that today is shopping day so get your orders in and they can all go into your new, slim line RoC packs! Finally on the subject of today I will be on Skype tonight where you can quiz me on plot/characters/prestiges/downtime....whatever you like really!

Ok - That will do. Great weekend again people it's been a lot of fun post Tharinos. So: Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into more of you between now and then. The Caneys, Mr Hyde and all of you suffering are in our thoughts and if you need us you know where we are.

Take care of each other
S

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 09:49 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Welcome to the Monday Morning Message; I hope that it finds you in fine fetlock and fettle after an excellent weekend in which you avoided the rain and the wind and the horror and so forth. Welcome on board to the new folks that I met over the weekend it was great to meet folk that jumped straight in and got themselves into the game, the group and the general theme of being aces to each other. So that is another top notch weekend out of the way, 4 days of larping done this weekend and 10 more to go this month :-) Looking forward to it. But yeah, great weekend, fully player led, all over the shop brilliance; making players cry (apparently), storm off in anger, find hope, feel absolute terror and ride the waves of victory all achieved according to the reports that were put across by jubliant players post event to both myself and the crew, not to mention all the facebook posts - Keep it going folks the crew work super hard and they get good and bad feedback - bad is usually constructive but high praise is just uplifting :-)

We began with a dirigible journey to the South and the war torn land of Pardetion, the dirigible was fantastic, high above the land the lords and ladies waited for them and they spoke to Gilliebad and the powers that walk the land. Directed thusly we come to the ruins of Castlewain, battle then come to peace with the Cragier, meet Boochar, cow the primitives, encounter Legendary Ancestral Orcs, a card playing Zumatakan and rescue the remaining populace. Then unify the Cragier and Pardetions, make sure Boochar is now Ten Days and battle the forces of Herethor in the South for death and casualties and then tea and cake and biscuits. A proper socio-political story that introduced a lot of new aspect to the game. Big cheers and backslapping to my awesome crew who made my reffing work so nicely: Matt Hussey, Simone Hibbert, Tiff Williams and Rob Horn you were all Aces McSpaces, great portrayal of the life and times of Pardetion.

Sunday was much more high octane as the Tao gathered to challenge the rise of Ghul to its position among the perceived hierarchy of the Spirits and to investigate the Torakaylin presence within the remit of their territory. The pressure was relentless with the blights of the Torakaylins pressing in on all sides from the get go on Daer Akmir and, when they fled to Eidleos, the Gloamings there. After taking heavy casualties a journey to Dreff gave them the direction that they needed and a conversation with the legendary Moss, Menrick, Smirkin', Laughin' and Staff, led them to better conclusions and a fantastic scene of dedication as they prepared to face down the Torakaylins. What a battle that was, through the flashbangs and the smoke they came and fought hard and long to put the Torakaylins down and recover what they needed. The finality of the story yesterday ended with the players properly facing off with the Torakaylins, some great resilience from Galen and then Sennig, the final truth and the old family coming in against their progenitor.

The outcome was the greatest sacrifice of Pride as we came to the realisation of banners and the future and the reforging of the banner from the Duchies began. We are united, for a time, under the rule of the High King; for a time or until he proves himself The Basin, Rhygarea, The Kuldisar, The Tao, The Clergy, The Free Trade Alliance and The Fae of Edielos have made the sacrifice - Sennig battles the Torakaylins and we have room for hope again. 'nuff said.

So that's another tip top weekend down and another one to look forward to, tiring it may be but it is all worth it as we march towards the nintieth event of the year and next week is a four dayer so lets look at what is coming up:

Thursday
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=489

Fri
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=490

Sat
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=491

Sun
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=492

The Fort
And lets not forget - The Spetember big 'un - I have a full crew but more players are welcome - Book in, pay up and get excited :-)
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=169

Due to knowing we only have three days of office work this week , some of which I am flying solo for we put in about 200 hours between the two of us last week and we really prodded buttock - The target for end of August remains good and here is what you paid us (lol) for:

• Washed the kit
• Put away all of the kit
• Replaced scrolls and lammies
• The MMM
• Wrote two events
• Ran two events
• Closed up a load of Tharinos work
• Completed the township and building rules
• Updated and published the Downtime pamphlet
• Recycled our kit
• Completed and published the Crimson Brotherhood
• Completed and Published the Battered Shield
• Completed and published the Azure Order
• Completed and published the Oath
• Completed and published the Silent Company
• Completed and published the Outriders
• Edited and published the Academy of Bold Companions
• Completed and published the Church of Yarrianne
• Completed 6 minor portfolios for the Other Churches
• Developed the Pardetion handout
• Typed up Druid Prestige
• Wrote Muckraker prestige
• Wrote Adept Prestige
• Adapted Rhygahrean Ranger Prestige
• Adapted Pugilist Prestige
• Adapted Battle Priest Prestige
• Adapted Tactical Commander prestige
• Adapted Light Skirmisher Prestige
• Adapted Heavy Foot Prestige
• Adapted Musketeer Presitge
• Wrote Master Explorer Prestige
• Wrote Poster Blurb and Advertised (apparently)
• Found Matt Warwick
• Sorted through your memberships
• Collated a character for XP, Piety and all (Keep asking)
• Learnt 5 D Words
• Rewrite starting package skills
• Sorted over the Moon Forum
• Organised and ran a September Fort meeting
• Did something with Twitter apparently (@risingofchaos)
• Organised and had a Skype Meeting
• Actioned 62 downtimes
• Altered weapon properties and the like and republished 9.07
• Wrote up twenty odd thousand words of history for the Wikki
• Actioned a bunch more props for the September Fort event
• Set prices and published for all new goods
• Addressed scoring issues from Tharinos
• A miscellany of other minor tasks.
• And that was a whole bunch of stuff also:
• Wrote 912,476 words :-)

This week you can expect to see more of the same but after Wednesday I will be larping for four days so the office will be shut - I will try and write up some of the prestige's during breaks on events but I probably won't be able to get more than five or six done. I will also try and squeeze in some meetings post and prevents and work through the night Mon-Weds so hopefully we will get somewhere. Your Actioned Downtime responses will be out this week!

Ok - That will do. Another top notch weekend, new folks and new story and lots of laffs - It is . The Caneys, Mr Hyde and all of you suffering are in our thoughts and if you need us you know where we are.

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 10:24 
GOLDAM

Sorry - I change the format slightly and I forget to thank Sundays crew!
Craig Beadnall, Pete Walls, Matt Hussey, Rob Horn, Jon Wickenden and Dan Foster - You were all the boat! Much love

xx

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2014, 10:35 
GOLDAM

Good Afternoon Campers,

Welcome to the Monday Morning Message, I hope that it finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you have had the oustandingest of outstanding weekends. First off welcome on board to the new and the excellent and farewell to the old, yet still handsome, done with the running aroundedness. It was 5 events of excellence this weekend that took us all over the gaff and saw a lot of background revealed, a lot of adlibbing, old faces, new faces and fightin' trousers. So where did the rollercoaster take us? Aspects, Undead, Moredllian Generals, lippy merchants and attack of the Giant Apes sums up Thursday whilst Gilliebad, the UK and the power of the land covers Friday. Saturday took us into the world of curses and egg catching competitions, daemons and emperors and generally saving the day and then, AND then the finale! The Halls of Enlightenment and all that they hold, the monsters of the oldest story, the place of darkest night, being 8 years old and the merlin hunters! What a great bunch of days!

So yeah - With all of the events there is always a whole bunch of thanks to go out and that goes out thusly: Me (Four times the ref :-)), Pete Walls (For reffing once), Craig Beadnall (twice), Rob Horn (Thrice), Matt Hussey (Twice), Simone Hibbert (twice) and Paul Kiessling (Did I forget anyone?) you all handled a massive player load and did it magnificently . For my part I thought that the Sunday night de-brief was magnificent, the combats were well orchestrated, the events were well written and the players really got into their roles each day. Really, very happy with how it went and next week I will be just as happy I suspect - here is what is going on:

Thurs
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=501&p=3451#p3451
Fri
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=493&p=3433#p3433
Sat
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=494
Sun
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=495

So last week we did stuff, sorry for the brevity but I am super tired, we did the following (only three days rather than the usual 5):

• Washed and put away the kit
• Replaced all of the money, scrolls etc
• Wrote your MMM
• Wrote 5 events
• Run 5 events
• Sorted out your xp
• Written up items et al
• Created 20 downtime packs
• Populated 20 downtime packs
• Finished larping room
• Completed a whole bunch of downtimes
• Wrote KRO officer Prestige
• Wrote Urban Hunter Prestige
• Wrote Wilderness Scout Prestige
• Removed and rewrote Essen Guard and Veliky Knyazz (from the Basanic Manual)

And we'll do what we can with 4 events this week and that is us. I am dead on my feet, hence the lateness of this post, but we'll keep going and see what we can manage this week! Brilliant weekend folks, much love to all - This week is sad because we wave goodbye to Rob Horn, one of the oldest and best of people in RoC and equally we pass our love to Robin Hyde for him and his family, Alex Phillips for being far away from Matt Hussey and Jon Caney for his son Eddy and his Leukaemia

And that's me done for the day.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into some of you between now and then.
Take care of each other
S

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 10:20 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Welcome to the Monday Morning Message; it is my hope that it finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you have had an outstanding weekend. We have cracked on with a pretty corking weekend, even though we strayed a little of target with shenanigans on. First up I would like to welcome all the new and returning guys that came along this week to either play or get to know us before they come along and start up properly...Hi! So; two days this weekend just to have a bit of a breather and get some paperwork done in the week (and even a touch of gaming and board games!) but an excellent two days they were. It was brilliant having a bit of a weekend off with Matt and Robin taking over the reffing duties and finding the time to get my crew reffing hat on and do some serious player bashing.

Saturday was a classico of a rescue mission as the our team of low enders made their way onto a dig site to discover that most of the team were trapped underground surrounded by the now reanimated dead and up against an ancient evil. Cue attrition combat against weaker Undead, clouds of smoke, altars of death, spectres, madmen and, of course, Maloobear. Great day, terrific combat, really good work from the players and excellent roleplaying combat and consistency from the crew (especially me :P) favourite moment? Final count up and Martin being dead again.......No wait! Good old blessings of the dusk! Top notch

Sunday took us back to Daemon Sunday where we were almost defeated by the cunningness of Daemons as they lured us into a confusing and somewhat mundane scenario that we got totally drawn into. A late rally and a meeting with the purifiers took us back to the Rice Empire where we were following up leads on a top end member of the Order of Nov called Fallow (ring any bells anyone? (It's not the Lord Fallow of the Pumpkin Court btw)). Our final action took us to one of their mustering points where we almost lost our lives in a mighty battle but a late rally saw a mouth wateringly heroic defender and victory. The outcome, our very own captured member of the House of Nov in the hands of the Faeryn and lots of questions answered. Favourite Moment? My flying shield parry to save Amelia's back.

As ever none of this would have been possible without the excellent ministrations of the crew to whom we are eternally grateful. So Matt Hussey and Robin Hyde; you were excellent refs and as an A-Ref I had more than enough to work with on a good Matt event and as a player had a lot to engage with and found my roleplaying and general game challenged by your story (plus the fighting was cool). Crewmen you all grab yourselves a massive cheer, round of applause and pats on the back: Stephen Canfield and Dazz Jones (Your friendly A-Refs) and their crew: Dan Foster, Simone Hibbert, Holly Goodall (twice) Jon Wickenden and Mike Roberts. Yay Crew!

So Moving on - This Month is an awkward one - We have the Fort Event at the end of the month (Book in/pay me!) and a lot of the refs are away one way or the other in the middle of the month. A few brave souls have volunteered their reffing services in the middle of month so we can watch that space, we'll have it sorted by the weekend. Speaking of this weekend there will be one of RoC's two day epics, the stories that go on to become legends. I will post up the details today, it MAY start on Friday, I am still checking on availabilities. In the meantime Fort Event!

This week is a Downtime week and not just that it's a resource month which means your buildings kick out cash, your mines and forests produce ore and wood and all that jazz. As you know your artifice should also need upkeep but we have everything for revamp to the latest update so, lucky you, we are giving you a free pass till Christmas! We're so lovely. We'd like your downtimes in by Wednesday please. Anyway last week we did a whole bundle of work which went down something like this:
• Unpacked, washed and put kit away
• Replaced all used lammies, scrolls etc
• Completed ERS and sent out all of you reward sheets
• Populated your downtime packs
• Wrote the Monday Morning Message
• Wrote two events
• Ran two events
• Did that Twitter thing.
• Made a Video of Dazz and Karl
• Learned 5 F words
• Made DT pack forms
• Changed the Crafting rules for starting characters
• Wrote the God Kordred
• Wrote the God Lekirik
• Completed the Church of Tiberius Handout
• Completed the Church of Naed Handout
• Completed the University of Great Strabain Handout
• Typed up and finalised The following Prestige:
• Adept (PSI specialist)
• Muckracker (Journalist)
• Champion of Invention
• Champion of Luck
• Champion of Torment
• Champion of Ravens
• Champion of the Moon
• Created the following Prestige
• Field Agent
• Daggerman
• Baserak
• Clergy Inquisitor
• Tao Truthspeaker
• Physician (Re-write)
• Squire
• Knight of the Purple Rose
• Night Cloak
• Created first chapter of refs manual
• Updated event sheets
• Respent someone's character with them
• Completed first group downtime
• Created hundreds of bundles of Bushels and Cash
• Created four new downtime packs

This week we will continue on the same vein trying to get the ever expanding list of jobs done! I will be on Skype tonight as it is the first Monday of the Month and there you may talk to me about whatever ails you or pleases you. 7ish till 9ish, I may stay later if I don't pass out :-) This week's word is.....

Caduceator - Herald or Messenger.

Right - we pass our love to Robin Hyde for him and his family, Alex Phillips for being far away from Matt Hussey and Jon Caney for his son Eddy and his Leukaemia
I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into some of you between now and then.
Take care of each other
S

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2014, 12:09 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Welcome to the Monday Morning Message, in a surprising turn I hope that it finds you all in fetlock and fettle and that you have all had an outstanding weekend. As promised this weekend was an epic weekend which seems to have done the trick rather nicely everyone, despite the clammy weather, if the general feedback from the events was anything to go by. It certainly felt like an epic and despite a long weekend of RoC and LARPtronics all nighters I managed to get to the end of weekend without too much trouble but I was definitely on my last legs yesterday but I am feeling much better today (if you were worried). Anyways I had another really good weekend this weekend and am a little sad that it'll be a couple of weeks again before we can do another one even if it is a Fort.

It was a two day story this weekend that involved a mysterious group calling themselves the Sanction trying to take matters into their own hands with regards to protecting us all from Torakaylins and the House of the Moon. Their plan to release a Harvester (for those that know what that is) coincided with a raid by the Torkaylins against a Dragon Speaker power in Egaria. With most of the Guildsmen and Armed Forces active in the Great Desert (Yes that's all of you that didn't play) it was down to but a heroic few to stand against the bad guys. This led to the our players making their way out into the world and travelling to certain guilds seeking knowledge of the Harvester and uncovering more and more of a sinister plot to oppose the forces of the Royal Basin. The culmination came in a battle against a powerful automaton and Undead forces in which a heroic action by the group and specifically three now deceased individuals saw the day saved.

This event saw us travel from guild to guild battling all kinds of unusualness: Chessboards and the ir pieces, diffusing bombs under time pressures, mass coma's, Mandragoranesque sprites, human chains, mighty daemons of denial, fart puzzles, deadly automatons, mysterious groups, renegade guildsmen, humbled Tiberiusites, dark psionicists, floors of causing and the red/blue of anger to name but a few. All of this would not have been possible of course without the wonderous crew to whom I give the upmost praise: Me first and twice also for reffing both days and then to Paul Kiesling for also crewing both days, alongside us to Dazz for A-Reffing and Tiff for for crewing and to Matt for giving up a playing slot on Sunday to crew for you all. Cheers folks

So next week and the week after I am away but Pete has put forward that he might ref on the 20th, he had a great debut and is well worth a punt :-) IF you want to get involved and I suggest you do, find his stuff here

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=573

Beyond that the Fort is at the end of the month and if you want in get your cash to me AND your name on the list and so on and so forth. We have done most of the writing and will be riding off of the back of a fantastic couple of months that we want tocap off with glory! :D

So last week we worked super duper hard and achieved the following:

• Updated lists with completed work and player requests
• Unpacked and washed kit
• Put all the kit away
• Replaced used money, potions etc
• Completed the ERS
• Sent out scores, influence et al
• Wrote the Monday Morning Message
• Answered all mail enquiries
• Write an Epic
• Ran an Epic
• Cleared recycling
• Did that Tweeting thing
• Ran a Skype Meeting
• Learnt 5 G Words
• Finalised Magic Item Points
• Started making up the new item cards
• Had the final September Fort Meeting
• Action the Fort Meeting
• Write the September Fort event
• Wrote the God Misholo
• Wrote the God Imaris
• Wrote the God Satirak
• Wrote the God The Ghul King
• Wrote the God Lorith
• Wrote the God Oltar
• Wrote the God Kyranry
• Completed the Church of Bethylak
• Completed the Church of Ekimelahw
• Wrote a lot of the Morrigun College
• Created Low Judge Prestige
• Created Antiques Dealer Prestige
• Created Knight of the Grand Star Prestige
• Created Knight of the Silver Order Prestige
• Created Fate Seeker Prestige
• Created Demolitions Expert Prestige (v.2)
• Wrote 102 Downtime Returns
• Created a full BTI downtime team
• Fulfilled 5 shop orders
• Created September events
• Completed various other sundry tasks

This week will be more of the same - We will be finishing off all of the downtimes and then brutalising the handouts and prestige, we are getting very excited for end of that workload to be well in sight and careening towards us bravely.

This week's word is.....
Dragonnade - Persecution by military means

Skype, as ever, is open tonight but I suspect that I will not be there as I am pretty much bushed.
Right - we pass our love to Robin Hyde for him and his family and Jon Caney for his son Eddy and his Leukaemia
Take care of each other
S

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next