Rising Of Chaos

The Legend of Vaklam continues
It is currently 25 Jan 2020, 11:00

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weekly Message
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2014, 06:52 
GOLDAM

Morning all,

I am up and running again after a very long weekend at Empire ; It was gone 4am when I got into bed on Monday morning so I spent most of yesterday in a bit of a funk! We are away again to Mythlore on Thursday, I have stuff to sort with Pete before the weekend for Saturdays event. I have a LOT of work to do before the Fort and I am not really going to be available for PM's et al until afterwards.

Be sure to send me any questions you have but unless I think that they are priority I will not be answering them until after the game. Obviously downtime and scoring will be done in time for everything. ANY PM's asking myself or Matt for the last games scores or downtimes will make me very angry

Cheers guys

S

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2014, 12:40 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this note finds you all in fine fetlock and fettle and that you all had a fantastic weekend whether you were at the Fort, Larping generally or just living your life. First up let me apologise for the lack of Monday Morning Messages for the last few weeks; real life has been far, far too busy for me to manage everything and get all of the RoC chores done. However here we are and we have a fair amount to talk about folks but let's kick off with the weekend just gone and all of the fun that we had at the Forts:

First of all let me thank my crew:

Robin Hyde for being the Mastermind behind all of the Zalphinia plot and the constant machine that, despite being beyond tired, stepped up to every project and did everyone proud. Mr Hyde; bringing reffing expertise and genius ideas to RoC for 13 years.

Daniel Robinson for kicking it large on Friday night, drinking without measure and praying to the porcelain god! Equally running a lot of the show for us as the player ref for the rest of weekend was much appreciated.

Matt Hussey and Simone Red Hibbert were my and Robins refs respectively and made a tremendous effort in the field to keep things running. In equal parts they worked to fulfill the wishes of the refs and equally stepped up to the mark when the refs called on them to run their own parts of the story.

Shirley Wynne - Not only an excellent member of crew but for feeding us, trying to rouse tired spirits and for kneading life back into ruined muscles and sinew. Without her the crew room would have been a very different place.

Drago N Armoury - In the form of Jay Cooling for making the excellent props that we used throughout the course of the weekend - The Eater Tree, Cardinal Stones and the Arcadian Armour to name but a few.

Then there was your wonderful crew who worked SO hard for you all weekend; they were well dressed, presented their scenes, fought you long and hard and bought to life the criminal underworld of Redemption City. I am honestly and properly proud of them. So hats off to you: Tom Bestow and Joanne Gregory (The AuTomaJo), Paul Kiessling (Kieeesssssssling), Michael Roberts (as yet no nickname), Holly Jeffery-Goodall and James Raphael Henry (Great to see you both on event and welcome on board James), Anthony Gunfield (Ermmmm, let's just stick to Windy Stabman (But welcome on board you were great)), Adam Whincup (Chup) and of course Alasdair Dockar (Misser of Long Hair).

If any one of you had not been there it would have been a completely different event nowhere near as good and nowhere near as much fun for all involved. You made a great and positive difference to the weekend.

From A-B there was so much happening but here are my high points:
• Seeing you all
• After Tharinos; running what was clearly a better structured event, given the general feedback.
• The level of props that LARPtronics and Dragon Armouries brought to the event and being told by many players afterwards that a) We were spoiling you and b) They were some of the best effects that had been used at most "small" and other larger events.
• Being Varkosh
• Getting my Norff London on
• The level of roleplaying and outstanding commitment to a lot of the scenes by both the crew and the players
• Being a 3 foot tall elemental and getting squished
• Being all of the Architects
• The Nervish/IPT/Cardinal Stones sequence on Saturday night running so well.
• Heroes being heroes in my heroic game
• Hearing about Squire De Grave saying last rites over a dead mouse.
• The Crew Curry

There is probably something that I am leaving out but at the end of the day I am tired. So yeah, from my point of view a successful event that moved the story forward and provided a lot of entertainment.

So usually we would post up about what we have been up to in the last week but realistically it has been about 20 days so we'll give it to you in summary: Guild handouts, Prestige, same old dame old and writing the Fort event and making LARPtronics bits and bobs as well as trying to juggle a number of real life jobs and raising a family. So nothing truly stressful. We'll keep going along those lines but I would like to say that the bookings for next month will go up asap and that we will continue as we are.

On the subject of work - The end of version 9 draws near, I'd hesitate to say the end of the month but barring distractions that is where we are at as we look into an exciting next year. I should also be able to post up a November and perhaps a Christmas Banquet date and next year's Fort event dates will go up very shortly. Alongside that we have been encouraged to look at Candleston again so.... could be another busy year of RoC!

Thank you all for the encouragement regarding the current downtime returns we'll keep the path cleared for the next resource month so that we can activate all of the potential downtime options. I've really enjoyed them and they have added to everyone's game that us participating in them. Remember that the next downtimes are there for next Monday not this week as is the Skype meeting. I MAY be along for tonight, I am sure some of you will after the Forts, but it is unlikely as I am, unsurprisingly knackered!

Ok I reckon that that is everything for this week except to say that our thoughts continue to go out to Jon Caney and his son during Eddies recovery from Leukaemia and to all others that are suffering at this time.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you next weekend and bumping into some of you between now and then.

Take care of each other.

S

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2014, 10:09 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Looking out of my window I can see a chilly, grey morning but I hope that wherever you are this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that your weekend has been as much fun as ours. This weekend took us in some old and new directions story wise as, in the pouring rain and blazing sunshine (the weather couldn't make up its mind), we travelled through the Volician Woods and back to Pardetion. It was excellent to see so many of the old and new faces mixing it up over the weekend, some great set dressing, good guys, bad guys and fun and frivolity after the game. Of course none of it would have been possible without the continuing efforts of those that are willing to put their free time on the line and come out to crew for the system so:

Much absolutely heartfelt love and hugs to : Robin Hyde for taking up the slack on Sunday and reffing the cunning investigatory brilliance of Heroes in the heart on Sunday, even if it did fox the players a little, great for some returning Oathsman, we'll get a full report up on that in the week. Saturday of, of course to me, for sportsday, owlbear hunting and rogue Galafeli. Helping us with extreme prejudice were: Simone Hibbert, Holly Goodall, Anthony Gunfield (Welcome to the Woods), Jo Gregory and Tom Bestow (The Automajo). Thanks to you guys for putting up with the wet weather, the kit carrying and dressing and of course me. Heroes one and all. Without folk like you we wouldn't have the events.

This weekend we travelled on a Vormearn training mission that went a little awry as the players went from training to accelerated defence of the Vormearn grove around Volician when an monstrously corrupt Galafeli was released from a Dark Place. Highlights for me were certainly the less outdoorsy types trying to work their way through the challenges that were set to them by the Vormearn, there was some truly poor efforts at things like throwing a small object into a box from 2 feet and missing. On to the investigation of plague rumours then led the guilds folk into trouble in Pardetion where a conclave released toxin was killing off the local populace, despite allowing hundreds of helms worth of tax money to be literally used as kindling several founding Oathsmen were released from stasis and it was kind of a win!

The weekend ahead of us looks pretty good as we hit a full on plot weekend full of the good story, sandbox eventing and high end action and adventure alongside politicking and having to roll the hard six:

Saturday - The Helgath Story Continues
https://www.facebook.com/events/1492780434320753/

Sunday - The Torakaylins and the Banner takes precedence
https://www.facebook.com/events/1492780434320753/

Also let's not forget to get the bookings in for The November Banquet
https://www.facebook.com/events/356345487872043/

And the November Fort
https://www.facebook.com/events/201852123333286/

With the gaming and story side of things covered let's just run through what we have done work wise in the last week and where your hard earned LARP dollars have ended up. Here's last week's run down:
• Disassembled the kit and washed/cleaned it all
• Put it all away
• Replaced all your spent money and scrolls and laminates and the like
• Completed all your ERS
• Sent out the scores, cap increases and items
• Wrote you a Monday Morning Message
• Cleaned out the office and recycled all used paperwork
• Wrote two events
• Ran two events
• Did the Tweeting thing
• Packed all Kit and populated weekend event folders
• Sorted November Banquet and Fort groups
• Revisited and simplified Poison rules
• Begun a character card plan to make record keeping easier
• Wrote the God Misorth
• Wrote the God Holort
• Typed up the prestige Glyph Master
• Created the Prestige Iron Mind
• Created the Prestige Excorcist
• Created the Prestige Journalist
• Created the Prestige Freelance Peacekeeping Agent (yes?)
• Created the Prestige Ambassador
• Created the Prestige Servant
• Created the Prestige Master Scholar
• Made up five new recipes for potions
• Completed 72 Downtime Returns
• Ran a Skype Meeting
• Learnt Five I Words
• Suggested and tested a final scoring change
• Completed Fort Scoring
• Completed Fort Rewards
• Sent out Fort rewards and scores
• Made a number of new props
• Created six new procedures in the office to make the system run more smoothly
• A large number of small tasks that are not worth mentioning!

This week we are concentrating on getting a lot more order to all the things that we have implemented these last few months and getting the Fort and banquet info up and prepped for. Equally we'll start looking at next month's bookings early and get the Fort dates for next year sorted and talk a little about if we want to try and book for a Candleston or similar. Your final downtimes, guilds, prestige and Downtime Packs are the other areas of direct interest to us this week and you'll be seeing some progression on those in next week's MMM.

The word of the week is Fugacious - Inclined to run away or flee.

This is about the end of the Monday Morning Message; Our thoughts are with a lot of the people having a hard time, not all of whom would want to be mentioned here but problems of family and at homes that are far away are rearing their heads and we'll stand up if needed. Robin, of course, we're here if you need us and our continuing support to Jon Caney and his son Eddie who is suffering with Leukaemia.

So have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you next weekend and bumping into more of you between now and then.

Take of each other.

S

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2014, 12:28 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

With all good will I hope that this missive finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you have had an outstanding weekend whether you were RoCing, Larping in general or just enjoying the real life excitement of stuff and things. We had an aces time from the RoC point of view, it's still being a great time rocking our thing and enjoying ourselves. The pub this weekend was particularly good post event. It is fantastic to be reminded what an outstanding bunch of people I get to larp with every weekend and just know in general.

This weekend took us from heavy plot to simple rescue! Firespire and dead MCTH spies, The spirits of Ard and Mer, Blights and the walking dead, shadow plays and elders, finding Bonespire, the last resting place of Kings and Queens to come and the heart of the Blackwood line. Then to the Brother did it event, yes we got it straight away! Kidnapped Ladies, ransoms, brigands, turncoats and daemon summoning loons. Proper good weekend that wouldn't have happened without: Me; well done me for reffing and Dan Robinson too - he reffed and was excellent, despite losing his crew! Speaking of crew our massive thanks to Adam Whincup, Gereon Kaiping, Craig Beadnall, Ed Owen Jones, Helen Robinson and Matt Hussey for their excellent work in making this an excellent weekend.

This weekend will be posted up as soon as I have sorted out what people are doing and the months bookings will be materialising today. The Banquet and the Fort: If you are along I need to know now - Book in PAY me or I will be cancelling the fort by the end of the week (I'll pay back those who have of course) but a list of maybes does not an event make.

https://www.facebook.com/events/201852123333286/?ref=4

The week behind us was full of many achievements; amongst them:

• Sorted out all the weekend kit and larping room
• Updated your DTP's
• Wrote an MMM
• Wrote and ran Two events
• Tweeted things
• Created another twenty or so Down Time Packs
• Wrote the God Malakith
• Wrote the God Orgoora
• Wrote the Goddess Korvillian
• Wrote the God Kazosh
• Developed most of the Krakenite Church Handout
• Developed most of the Rayvahnite Church
• Develop most of the Notelexian Church
• Completed the Terrefian Church Handout
• Wrote Spirt Talker Prestige
• Created first new Downtime Team
• Learnt five J Words
• Had massive Fort meeting
• Wrote Banquet and Fort first run through (Looks amazing)
• Revisited the MCTH documents and looked at new ways for guilds to work for players
• Completed a great deal of other minor tasks
We'll be doing more of the same this week.

In the meantime I am unlikely to be about on Skype this week - I will be having another Fort meeting on Thursday and as ever we are about for all those that need us when they need us.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2014, 11:40 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you had an excellent weekend, equally that you are looking forward to an exciting weekend of banqueting and running around the woods. Personally I had a great weekend, I even posted about Saturday (Who knew?), the event was great, the pub and the food afterwards was awesome and we have probably found a new gaff to eat and drink at. Sunday looked difficult as a key player had to drop out very, very last minute and we went in with nothing BUT we ran a wicked cool event, that we were very pleased with , the players rocked it and, despite a horrific knee injury I sustained that means I can't/couldn't walk it was top banana. Did I mention this weekend coming and how much we are looking forward to it? If you are not planning to be along change your plans; even more so for the Fort weekend!

My thanks to the limited but determined crew; Matt Hussey for the twice and Simone Hibbert for the once, it would have been really hard to have run it without you guys! It was wicked cool to see the players sandboxing around, doing what they wanted but equally emptying bags, running through everything at their disposal to win the day further the story and be the heroes. The Oath were brilliant, it was great seeing genuine panic in the players although hanging from meat hooks in cannibal territory will do that for you. Generally getting walled in at the end was also pretty damn cool. The second day and the proper impact of the Badger and Green story, which sounds silly when I write it down, was really good. What is happening in the North of the Western Marches and relaying to a lot of newer players how story builds and how to approach it followed by the players gloriously positive response to that was excellent. Again cheers to all involved, that wave since Tharinos is still cresting high.

So next week and the week after are going to be absolutely phenomenal, the refs team is tap dancing about it. Banquets, double day weekends and dynamite Fort events.

This is Friday

This is Saturday
https://www.facebook.com/events/786099821429304/

This is Sunday
https://www.facebook.com/events/361852980646801/

This is the Fort

And let's not forget that November is a busy month and also includes the Quiz
https://www.facebook.com/events/1498475550418618/

Moving on - Today is DOWNTIME and SHOPPING day and you need to get those in by the end of Wednesday. By all means ignore what I am about to tell you, as so many of you do, but I am about to start writing up a new short document for Downtime procedure. We've playtested we need a few changes to make it better, we'll keep listening to you, I do not recommend sending in the downtimes until I have written those up. Do not use the downtime e-mail until I, somehow, free up an evening to go and chat to Ben about downtime submissions forms and the like.

So, every week many of your ask me again and again if I have done certain bits of the system, or written your items or done this that and the other. We do Skype meetings for a reason, that's when you get to ask the system questions and the like. There is one person working twenty hours a day seven days a week for RoC and I can't work any faster than I already am. On that note this is what I have managed to get done in the last seven days for your larping bucks, I will try and achieve more this week:

• Unpacked and put away all of the kit.
• Washed and cleaned all of the need worthy kit
• Replaced all used laminates and scrolls
• Sent out your scores, cap increases etc
• Redesigned the item cards for 9.07
• Made up our first item cards under the new system
• Wrote the MMM
• Cleaned out and hoovered the office.
• Pre sorted all of the Event sheets and items and populated event folders
• Recycled the system recycling things
• Did the tweeting
• Kit listed and packed all the kit
• Learned 5 new words
• Replaced and populated Downtime Packs
• Wrote three events
• Ran two events
• Answered all mails and requests
• Organised and ran a banquet/Fort Meeting
• Created the new influence lammies
• Created the new PoD lammies
• Printed and lammied all the new Herb Lammies
• Completed four shop orders
• Created Seven new Down Time Packs
• Created new weapon cards
• Created new Shield Cards
• Created new Firearm cards
• Created new ammunition cards
• Switched all imbues to a maximum of +1
• Wrote the God Rarta
• Wrote the God Dirge
• Completed the Church of the Kraken
• Completed the Church of Rayvahn
• Wrote Prestige Warrior of the Wyld
• Wrote Prestige Gladiator
• Wrote Prestige Divine Warrior
• Wrote Prestige Silver Saint
• Wrote Prestige Herald
• Wrote Prestige Psionic Master
• Wrote Prestige Psionic Warrior
• Wrote Prestige Daemon Hunter
• Wrote Prestige Guild Head
• Changed Oath Investigator title to Hawkshaw ('Cause it is cool)
• Sorted the November Bookings
• Re Ordered all of the ERS
• Took receipt of the new designs for the ingots for the resources
• Created many documents for the Fort and for the banquet
• Did a whole listof other sundry things of consequence.

This week I have Fort, Banquets and downtimes to handle along with the same workload as last week. Equally I am now on my own in the office. So hang tight I'll work as hard and as fast as I can.

Skype will be on tonight and I'll be there for as long as I can stay awake.

Word of the week - Foinery - Fencing or Swordplay

Have a Foxes and Crows week people I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take care of each other

S

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2014, 14:10 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this missive finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you had a tremendous week and weekend. Last week was pretty rock and roll from an RoC point of view, although it certainly took a lot of doing/out of me! Before we go any further though I'd like to welcome all the new faces that turned up over the weekend, there are getting to be soooo many of you. The swelling in numbers through the week of banquet attendees made things tricky but we got there in the end and the game was better for it. Friday was great to run for Jon and Rachel and kick off four events for the weekend. Saturday was a proper rollercoaster of high end action, winning at RoC and emotional intensity that players really brought to life. Sunday's romp was a classic; Undead, Daemons, a weird lizard monster from the depths of Egaria and some students and a trip to the sewers thrown in. Of course none of that would have happened if it wasn't for the heroic action of the crew so without further adieu:

My greatest thanks for the sterling efforts of: Martin Frances (Who deserves great, great thanks for nipping in, cooking food and heading out again, you left without giving me a chance to thank you. You are outstanding) Dan Robinson, Robin Hyde, Matt Hussey (twice), Paul Kiesling (twice), Luna Winters (Thrice), Simone Hibbert, James Henry, Olicer Facey, Anthony Gunfield, Holly Goodall, Helen Robinson and Adam Stevens. You were all the best of crew and we couldn't have done it without you, especially those crew who were new to the system and stepped into some very big shoes to crew a plot pivotal banquet - Three cheers for you!

The banquet was probably the best we have done: The hall itself was particularly well dressed giving of an excellent vibe and the stage setting in particular, with Gillieabad and ritual accoutrements looked top. The atmosphere was further enhanced by the general quality of the roleplaying, attention to plot detail and the strength of the characters there. I think the best thing that I can say about was the fact that no-one at all seemed to realise it was 11.45 the 7 hours just disappeared into the night so intensely involved were we all. Seeing Jon Caney was a particular highlight as he has been having a difficult time but equally seeing James, new faces like Luna and Oliver, Rachel's reluctance to leave RoC behind her and of course a random Jules in the car park really made the weekend special.

The events themselves were full of colour, as we ran through the plot of delve and people had to make hard choices and many a tear was shed as the chosen sprang to life. The investigation of a missing shipment of goods in Koren also paved the way for Blue Fire and Axis plot on Friday whilst Sunday saw us with a human eating snake creature from the desert performing an admirable job of making everyone feel like they were in an Indiana Jones Movie. The post event feedback was all excellent and the crew and the refs thank you for the kind words and all the angles of the story that you pointed to as enjoyable factors!

After the excitement of four huge events this week we are keeping our foot on the gas with the weekend coming up as we fall into the last Fort event of the year as we hit crescendo point with a plot event revolving around a lot of generic bits and pieces. This is one not to miss, lots to overcome, only a few NPC's to help you out though. If you want to come in there are only a handful player spaces left.

Equally this is coming up - Can you please please book in:

Right Last week what did we do?
• Wrote a Banquet up
o This took over ninety hours so we didn't get much else done.
• Put away the weekend kit
• Completed ERS
• Wrote an MMM
• Did that tweeting thing
• Wrote Three Events (That weren't the banquet)
• Ran three events
• Wrote up the downtime procedure
• Had a banquet/Fort Meeting
• Had a Skype Meeting
• Wrote a lot of the Fort Event
• A sundry of other tasks

This week will go something like this:
• Monday - Process all the Downtimes/Unpack and wash all of the weekend kit
• Tuesday finish processing the Downtimes get the fort finished
• Weds-Thursday finalise Forts have meetings and pack the Kit
• Fri-Sun run a Fort event
• Sun night have a curry

And there we go.

I will be on Skype over the week but I ask you to only really prod and poke me if you really need something as this, like last week will be another 140+ hours of work.

So - I hope that you all have a foxes and crows week people and I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into more of you between then and now.

Take care of each other.

S

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014, 12:00 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that you are all in fine fetlock and fettle this morning and that you are coming off of the back of an excellent weekend. Last week was a very long week in which we barely spent any time asleep working toward the last finale event of the year. I honestly didn't expect it to go off as well as it did, we were very tired and the general levels of buzz coming in after Time Out was properly rewarding for myself, the refs and the hard, hard working crew involved in the game. So there's lots of stuff to talk about after the last few weeks, the Fort event and the like but let's kick off with the usual rounds of thanks and I'll get this straight right now - Midnight Friday night, after 24 hours of straight in roleplaying, hardcore combat and all the rest of it my crew peeled themselves out of their beds/chairs/the floor and went back down into the tunnels so that the players could give their keen one last showing before everyone passed out regardless of what they thought they might need/be able to in the early AM.

My refs were Dan Robinson and Robin Hyde and they were brilliant, Dan handled the crew and the combat sequences excellently, stepping up to the fore of the story when needed whilst Robin, suffering with a foot injury, kept the main story thrusts, NPC's and the like alive whilst occasionally stepping in when needed. For them the Hunting Horror sequence and the portrayal of Captain Anvil were awesome although the deer needs special mention. I can't really pull a member of crew out for special award they all worked so, so hard to get everything going; constantly doing their crewing tasks but equally sweeping the Forts for debris, packing, repacking, cooking, cleaning, suggesting, carrying, fetching, roleplaying, fighting, sweeping, well, you know? Everything. So to all my crew let me offer these thanks:

James Henry: For learning to fight proper, doing that for about 20 hours a day, being Captain Cromas, helping to create a new card game and Tiger Rum: 10/10 your accolades are well deserved. Adam Stevens: Welcome to the Crew Room; for your excellent portrayal of Admiral Bull of the Iron Darkness, skooling people as the Jade Empire, that fight at the very end and being reunited with Captain Tallyanvor: 10/10 you should crew more often. Paul Kiesling: What can I say? You have been here less than half a year and already the world of RoC now has the Kiessssling as a beast of legend; for working your socks off, fighting back and forth across the Fort being Captain Stronkers and making sure that I knew that he wasn't a sharkman :-) 10/10 you are always welcome. Matt Hussey for the Ghuls, the Anchor wielding Nautomoton and being the worst whistle playing bard ever aka Captain Roath: 10/10 you always give an excellent performance on event. Holly Goodall: Still a natural: For almost giving in on Saturday night but getting all excited by the mirror monsters you were playing and going back out! Scaring the crap out of people in dark, being scared the crap out of by me and being Captain Oakley: 10/10 You excitable creature you.

So that was the crew but thanks also to all the players for making the weekend so enjoyable, especially Simone for helping out food cooking and the like when I was so ill on Friday night/Saturday Morning. You were all aces, involved, drawing each other and us into the story, looking out for each other, sharing in the laughs and making the event what it was: That event felt very different, very frenetic, lots of old skool fighting (lots and lots) and some of the most tremendously well thought out backgrounds and then executed scenes throughout. I could spend hours listing the inspiring pieces of event, from good combat roleplaying to general heroics and story interactions. Mainly I am very glad that, whilst the options were there, the players didn't have to call on anything other than their own resources and that there was nothing in the way of ott feel good extra's just the very raw edge of rollercoaster excitement and skin of the teeth survivals.

Qazak!

So this weekend coming up we are taking as a weekend off, by which I mean that I am doing a field trip with LARPtronics and there are no other available refs! However the following things are ALL worth booking in for:

Book in have fun it'llbe wicked

The Next Saturday
https://www.facebook.com/events/312073988998170/

The Next Sunday
https://www.facebook.com/events/704142939675086/
I'd love more people to this as I can actually play this one.

So last week we did a whole load of work, mainly around the Fort, but here's where we were last week:
• Unpacked/Washed/Put Away kit
• Unpacked System Bag and replaced/filed all paperwork from there
• Competed last 4 ERS
• Updated Influence
• Sent out Scores for last 4 events
• Sent out Cap Increases, Items et al
• Populated Downtime Packs
• Wrote the MMM
• Booked a Curry House out
• Did the Tweeting thing
• Did the recycling/clearing cleaning thing
• Packed up all the Weekend Kit
• Wrote a massive event and Background for a Fort Event
• Had the meetings regarding the weekend
• Ran a big damn Fort Event
• Learnt 5 new M words
• Completed 122 Downtime Returns
• Completed 44 Final Downtimes
• Printed all the Shop Orders
• Created New Bandage Cards
• Created new restorative Cards
• Started the Bookings procedures for December
• Did a bazzilion minor and sundry things of importance

This week we'll get on with Handouts and Prestige and finalise bookings etc but I will be away with the LARPtronics side of things. However please, do come along to the quiz on Friday it will be great to see you. Equally I will do the Fort Scorings and get the debriefs out as soon as I can; I know that you will have lots of questions so I will do what I can and maybe set up an early Skype meeting for next week - Tonight I definitely need to sleep.

Will we use the Forts again? Lots of people have asked me, the guys that run it did treat us like non-paying customers and the tunnels collapsed. Also the Fire Alarm incident has not helped and fines are being talked about. We shall have to see.

Word of the week for this week is Lustrate which means to purify by sacrifice!

So people; have a foxes and crows week, I look forward to bumping into some of you between now and next event and hope to see many of you on Friday.

Take care of each other.

S

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 11:28 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this message finds you in fine fetlock and fettle and that you had an excellent weekend whatever you were doing. I think a lot of us were still recovering from the hardcore Fort of the week before but we still managed to squeeze enough juice out of ourselves for a small game on Saturday. I may, however, have spent a lot of Sunday asleep! However the highlight of the weekend wasn't the event but the traditional RoC Quiz weekend, we do love a social and it was lovely to have a night off from the organisation front and take a little time to be one of the players :-) Dan and Helen did a great job organising, running and cuddling on Friday night and I am already looking forward to the next one. So for the weekend just gone:

Many thanks to our Friday refs Daniel and Helen Robinson and to our Saturday Refs Me and Robin Hyde. Despite the severity of the questions the quiz was great fun and the allowance of heckling greatly appreciated, equalt thanks to all faces old and new that turned up and chortled along and added to the silliness of the evening (Rules are NOT cool :P). Also great to see those that contributed to the greatly relaxed atmosphere of Saturday and the absolute pleasure of playing Oak and Ember (this is NOT an island) and for the brief return of Plaguemantle tothe big chair in the morning. All in it was the perfect tonic to a Fort weekend. Next week I suspect that we are amalgamating playing needs by people starting lows and the like and folk only coming out on the Sunday:

https://www.facebook.com/events/704142939675086/

So to clarify the Saturday looks unlikely but we will keep you informed.

Last week we did a whole bunch of work the results of which are as follows:
• Put away a load of Fort Kit
• Populated the DTP's
• Cleaned out the Office
• Cleared all RoC Recycling
• Did the Tweeting thing
• Wrote, packed for and ran an event
• Learnt 5 new N words
• Wrote the MMM
• Made the Fort de-brief plan
• Decanted all old character packs to DTP's
• Created 178 new DTP's
• Separated and prepared all laminates to be remade
• Kept new DTP's laminate lists
• Filed DTP's
• Created and filled all GDTP's
• Wrote the God St Lucien
• Wrote the God Vorkeela
• Wrote the Church of Notelexus Handout
• PDF'd and Published Church f Notelexus
• Made Morrigun College Plan
• Made good headway with Morrigun College
• Completed and Sent the Victor Scores
• Organised a Fort Scoring meeting for this Thursday
• Made many scrolls and laminates for shop orders
• Filed all Task Sheets
• Printed new testing prestige's
• Created a read through Prestige Test booklet
• Filed and distributed recent plot sheets
• Filed 2012-2013 ERS
• Literally many hundreds of other sundry tasks

This week more of the same concentrating on Morrigun through all Source based colleges and prestige work and sending back the last of this months downtimes.

So this is not a special week for meetings or anything, next week is a downtime week, a resource month week and time for a Skype meeting. I might be about on Skype this evening but an early night again would be welcomed I suspect you, however, should feel free to carry on as ever.

This week's word of the week is Nuncupate: to utter as a vow; to declare verbally.

This week our thoughts are as ever with Jon Caney, whose son Eddie is really struggling with Leukaemia at the moment. Also with Robin who is having a hard time at the moment and with the many others who are pressured, unwell or dealing with family and other real life difficulties.

So: Have a foxes and crows week people, I look forward to seeing many of you at the weekend and bumping into many more of you between now and then.

In the meantime take care of each other.

S

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2014, 09:15 
GOLDAM

And this is your final message of the year:

Good Morning Campers,

I hope that this year has found you, in the main, in fine fetlock and fettle and that you have had the best year that you could possibly have had. I have seen a lot of people suffer this year but I have also seen a lot of the people around them rise up and support them. This year in RoC generally we have had a very successful and progressive year; RoC will always be a rules heavy game, supported by tonnes of excellent story and roleplaying and this year has been an excellent example of the development of all three. We have completed the new manual and it is more mature and developed than ever before, equally it is supported by the extremely well received Guild Handouts and a lot of you have been enjoying the Prestige Testers that have made their way into post events. This week we finished up all of the Apprentice Prestiges so we can look forwards to seeing them coming out for player read throughs and testing in the coming days. On top of all that we have brought out the new and successful downtime system, that is much simpler, developed the new downtime packs, re-ordered the office and upgraded our standards of record keeping and the like. All in a good year for the rules/office/organisation end of the system.

So to couple up with that we have had a good year for the old school, keeping players from day one and onwards interested in the stories and games that we are running alongside bringing in almost half a hundred new players to the fore. Busy, busy year. We have tested out three new refs and seen a constant return of two old ones which promises a good minimum of 6 refs for the new year with plenty of promise of plot development and stand alone stories. Player wise we have delineated much more control down to governance of our world to you guys - The Golden Table and its subsidiaries and equally we have continued to allow you to do what you want in the world, go where you want, further plot where you want, build your own plot etc but the new guild handouts allow you to be gently eased into that or allow you to ignore it completely. Which is nice. For the refs; decentralised story has given them more control and allowed them to attract their player base that they need to as well as being able to interact with the main stories AND give their players the freedom to do as they will and then mix up what the players are doing back into the main story. Which is also nice.

Over the course of the year we pulled off 118 standard events, five forts and three banquets which allowed us a lot of personal and story development. The main story kicked on well, I certainly enjoyed playing with the Line, people decided to go to Helgath, politics happened, there was a Tharinos, good guys prevailed, bad guys prevailed and some people got arrested. I think MY favourite event and feel free to add your own, of the year was the first Fort of the year, where once was hope and the first discovery of Karrid Ren although I had a grand day out on Days Below, equally Drop the Pig and Bane were wicked cool events. I do love a one day story. Performances of the year, again feel free to add your own, I thought Ed did an excellent Mazarek as the High King, Kythel was, as ever, crazy but Varkosh and Barash Thanador should get a place on the podium. I massively enjoyed being Dazak at the Winter Banquet, apparently the Gravy chat went down well!

2015 will be our 18th anniversary and will continue with our plans for making the system a better place to event in and to carry on running the events, always trying to up our standards, sites and facilities. Equally we will keep bringing you new larptronics to make your world a more immersive place. The last handouts and prestiges will be produced along with your definitive guides to the Royal Basin, Rhygahrea, The Low Kingdom, Egaria, The Rice Empire et al. We'll release next years big dates as soon as we have them! However this year in general wouldn't have been as good and next year won't be as great without the guys that keep everything running so I will take this opportunity to thank the team:

Dan, Robin and Gary remain the core of your Senior Refs team and work hard to keep the stories and the rules and the background etc in check. They are long serving heroes who have all agreed to be reffing and helping out, for the coming year. Equally our refs team has expanded and grown with the following taking on reffing duties and also helping us out massively in the office, rules and other areas: Matt Hussey, Pete Walls, Simone Hibbert, Ed Owen Jones and Craig Beadnall. For general help across the board; David Orf, Ben Blincoe, Cam McAllister, Shirley Austin, Jay Cooling, Holly Goodall and Julian Sehmi all deserve special plaudits. Equally to anyone who has offered lifts, carried kit, helped to tidy forts and generally bought us a bottle of Port or even much needed hugs to the table. You, all of you, have been great all year and we are looking forward to another year of dressing up funny and looking mean.

Whilst I am here I would like to say that we had an aces weekend, I REALLY enjoyed reffing that one and would have had trouble doing so without the assistance of Simone Hibbert, Luna Winters and Jon Wickenden, thanks good folk. Twas an exciting journey deep into the caverns below the Cragier held hills of Pardetion where the ancient secrets of the mysterious Borsch Empire were uncovered. Then into the history of the Rhygahrean Wars and chasing Millers across the globe through horse chases, massport chases and foot chases through the lands. Culminating in a glorious battle against the Daemon Foe it all went rather well. Cheers all!

Coming up this weekend some of us are away at Empire on Saturday so we only have the Sunday event (Event 1 of 2015!) Get in 'cause it will be a good 'un:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1550925088484135/

So that is me for now: Just to say next week is a downtime week - Next Monday is a Skype Day and to reiterate - Skype Mondays are the evenings that I give up to answer all of your questions - Make use of them.

Word of the Week - Sebastomania - Religious Insanity

It's also been a hard year for a lot of people but I am, as ever, very proud of the way that you have picked each other up and done what you can: You have given people a roof over their head and fed and clothed them when they had nothing, given up your time for those that have suffered loss, leant ears, driven miles out of your way to get people to events because they really need to get away from real life. Picked up the phone, had a chat with people isolated away from the world, got up, no matter how weary you were to spend time with those that shouldn't be on their own. You know? All that decent human being type stuff. Cheers Guys.

So: Have a Foxes and Crows year people, I will see some of you next weekend but I look forward bumping into all of you between now and the 31st of the 12th 2015!

Take care of each other.

S

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 08:54 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers,

Great to be able to welcome you all to the New Year of RoC and hope that it finds you in fine fetlock and fettle. So first weekend back to the fray and some of us have been to Vaklam and delved into the world of the Kuldisar whilst others have been to other lands which is wicked cool. Even five years ago it was hard to find LARP in the winter months outside of RoC, it's very good to be able to mingle our way out into the rest of the larping world finally. Anyway. Sundays first foray back into the world was an excellent day and one that I thoroughly enjoyed, I may have been knackered and ill but Robin ran a great story, as ever and the kick off event was well worth the effort.

So to Myself, Robin and Matt all of the plaudits, we were aces and to all the players that made their way back into the world you too were brilliant. On a very cold day we dared to risk diplomacy, which turned out to be cowboy diplomacy as the players looked into what could have been a simple disapearance. They uncovered a political mesh that drove them to the heart of Kuldisar territory where they battled assassins, political leaders and eventually the husks of long betrayed folk. A really great start to that story arc by Robin and one that I am looking forward to pushing on with; great delivery, excellent debrief and lots to get your teeth into.

Next week we have the following two events
Saturday
https://www.facebook.com/events/744764878933962/
Goggles in an event by Pete Walls - Have a read through the blurb should be a cracker and you get to play alongside me! Who knew?
Sunday
https://www.facebook.com/events/1529643913959597/
The Curse of Cane Manor is an event by Stephen Canfield - This is pretty full up and I could honestly do with some crew for it, that'd be great. It's a generic with a little bit of plot on and one that I am keenly rubbing my hands together for.

Work wise last week I completed all of the apprentice prestige - Can we have a read through by the refs on that please. and I'll get onto the Journeyman as soon as any glaring mistakes are corrected (I don't want to make them in Journeyman). Alongside that all of your final downtimes, shop orders and a whole plethora of other work was achieved. I'll be looking to be back to guild handouts this week after a two week break to clear my head. Can I encourage all of you to read through some and point out any errors on the forums to expedite matters. Cheers

Today is a downtime day

Today is a Shop Order day

Tonight is a Skype Evening

This week's word of the week is Pandemian; vulgar or sensual.

And that is this week's RoC, as ever our thoughts go out to all of those who are having a rough time; Jamie, Stick and of course the Caney's.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into more of you between now and then. Have a Foxes and Crows week people, take care of each other.

S

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next