Rising Of Chaos

The Legend of Vaklam continues
It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 00:25

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weekly Message
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 08:11 
GOLDAM

Hello Folks,

Welcome to the slightly later than billed mid-week update. I hope you are having a fine time over the festive period and that you am all be well. This is the bit where we look at any problems that we might be facing in the long run over the weekend and what we need to do:

Both days are pretty busy player wise but we will need some more crew to make it happen: Saturday sees us carry on with the cadre story; there are a lot of non-carde peeps on this one so we'll change the format around but it does need two more crew as it stands.
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5075

Sunday see's an open event that marks the end of our 20 years as Rising of Chaos and beckons us into the latest sagas!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5060

If you are out and about in the woods please remember that the weather will look like this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637487
Which is almost three times as warm as it is as I write this!

As ever we need to ask:
Will you be at the debrief? Remember that the Sunday evening is the debrief/New Years gathering at the Barbors with a limit of peeps! We'll post about that today.
Will you need somewhere to sleep? Mine is full atm so if you do we'll need another kindness to appear
Do you need a lift?

I will be doing the Jan bookings momentarily so keep an eye out for those.

Stay Safe People

S

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2018, 08:22 
GOLDAM

Hello all!

Happy New Year and all that noise from the system! Sorry for the delays of a day the excitement of tidying up beckoned after a season of festivity but now at least Base Command is clean. So the spectre of 2017 skulks in the darkness behind us whilst the newly created Homunculus of 2018 eyes us eagerly from ahead. The 20 year anniversary over and what a year it was! It felt like the old days but full of new ideas and direction, the plot doesn't seem to get old and the keen is just as high as ever it was across Vaklam!

We may have seen some old friends depart but after that we had a lot of old people come back and a lot more new people join in. Last year was the busiest year we have ever had with a whole plethora of achievements in it: We added a third again to our highest player base of recurring attendees for a year hitting over 150. We set up and ran the kids events section of RoC. We ran a ten day fort Event AND the Tharinos that Tharinos has always tried to be. We made a proper tent town with street lights and blackjack......Prestige manuals flourished and the countries around the Basin developed hugely, new currencies and everything. We ran the battle system smoothly and efficiently. We landed the fleet. We saw new life into the world. We used LARPtronics props to own talking chessboards, Knock Knock Boxes and magic pillars. A Costume Department. A Weapons department. We simplified aspects of the game to make it more accessible and continue its transformation and progression. The return of the Christmas Quiz!

Most importantly though we ran a whole load of great stories, some of the best the system has ever seen and we watched the players develop their own massively. Watching our lack of need for refs at forts and players just doing their own refless things was a joy to behold. And. We came through a lot of real life stuff with flying colours: There were some bad times, a lot of which came from physical or mental illness that we pulled through: Watching people travel so far to visit the sick and bring them through the darkest of times together was tremendous. Ignoring the toxic and embracing the kind; these things, that all seemed to pick up after May, were amazing to be involved in.

So for me, this year and particularly the latter half, RoC has summed up the reasons that I enjoy this career/hobby/curse: The wonder of living plot and passion that it brings into peoples lives, the ideals of community and the principals of kindness that come with those aspects of responsibility to each other, family and complete social respect, the acceptance and the tolerance and the willingness to stand up to the negativity that comes with and aggressive and dystopian world around us. yeah. It was amazing. Plus twenty years and well over four thousand days of eventing in that time feels like a massive achievement. Did you know we once ran 50 odd events in a February? Multiple games in a game, every day of Feb. Wow.

Of course none of this would happen without the dedication of the people that you know and love as your backroom staff and your front room refs. So I'd like to spend a few moments saying thank you's to each and every one of them and if you can comment and pass on your thanks to them at the end as well I know that your words mean an awful lot to them. I doubt I can mention them all here but let me try:

Gary Llewellyn - For all the days working through the plot on Friday afternoons and being here when you can and for sticking by us since 1998.

Dan Robinson - For being the first through the doors in 1997 and still turning up and for checking the rules and helping out where you can despite your increasingly busy life.

Pete Walls - For the reffing, the rules checking, answering people on the forums, playing on events, picking people up, War Stories and so many other things. I don't know what we would have done without you.

Mike Roberts - Week in and week out you get the scores out, keep our records up to date and deal with majority of the paperwork that the players can throw at you whilst keeping my hands free to work on other things. For that - We can forgive the Dragon Emperor thing ;)

Shirley Austin - Every fort event and all the time you put into it and keeping us alive and well, making costume and dropping everything to get stuff done. The big tent and having an amazing other half who helped out. Thank you for looking after everyone.

Simone Hibbert - For all of your support through the stress, reffing and crewing, all of the slefless driving things and people places, working on the plot and stories and everything you do with kit and monkeys. Thank you most for still being here.

Holly Goodall - The reffing and the wonder, the bears, the Fort planning and the reffing and the limping with the last of our energies. For your Tess to my Jack and for my Mitts.

James Henry - For stepping up to the plate and reffing at a Tharinos and for your wonderous performances as Yellow Lotus. All the planning and that time that you went and got Simone when the Stick got stuck after a crew meeting.

Anthony Gunfield - For every hour in the orrifice, for every bit of typing up scores and every minute of all the crewing and reffing that you have done this year. It has been great seeing you grow into the man you are this year.

Elizabeth Kefford - For all of the crewing every weekend but finally starting your character and the joint events right at the start. All the work in the office that you have done this year and the work on the chessboard and for all the costuming that you did for the Fort!

Jon Wickendon - For the reffing and the chances to play jack, for all the crewing and time you spent helping plan out Fort events. For your help in the office but most importantly, like Stick, your selfless driving of people to where they need to be when they needed to be.

Craig Beadnall - For everything Fort related, they were tiring beastly creatures but without all the work that you put into them, including let us meet up at yours, we couldn't have made it. Being the tunnel ref for Tharinos mean that we had the event that we did and thank you for Christmas eventing!

Matt Hussey - Stalwart of the woods and mainstay of the crew team, thank you for everything that you did this year, most of the events wouldn't have run without you. You are a veteran of many forts and of course the entire Rice Empire.

Sam Blincoe and Rachel Carter - For organising the Parade ground and bringing a whole host of tents to make the place look pretty.

Ed Owen Jones - For all your help with the Forums and the answering of questions and general assistance towards the start of the year.

Karl Ball - For fixing up/making a hundred odd weapons for s to play with.

Alex and Nat Barbor - For giving up your home to the cause of debriefing and generally having somewhere safe to be.

Everyone that has crewed or driven people or given them a place to rest their heads, I really can't thank you all here but I know that I have after every event and with every Monday Morning Message. Like I say guys pass on your love to all and more than anything RoCers: Thank you for being my friends and my family.

So that was last year and this is next:

The many changes to the system for 2017 are up and readable on the forum if you haven't already - The Price changes, booking changes, Fort stuff for the year that kind of thing.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5091

As to events, I have my first weekend off this weekend but after that we are looking at the following Saturday and Sunday as follows.
https://www.facebook.com/events/175589066377431/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1932499757011992/

And get yourself booked in for the First weekender and my birthday
https://www.facebook.com/events/742760709243959/

I should probably stop now.

If you need me, for whatever reason, as ever, you know where I am.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you next weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Always Take Care of Each Other.

S

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 07:50 
GOLDAM

Morning all,

As ever I hope that this message finds you in fine form, fetlock and fettle and that you had a fantastic weekend wherever you were and whatever you were doing. My thanks to all of you who relaxed your RoC muscles and gave me the weekend off; it's been a while and I very much did not waste my opportunities :-)

So not much to report on this week - Obviously the Prestiges are out , people are pointing out a few typo's etc and I will repost them with those updates. Anything that needs pointing out will be mentioned somewhere. We also kicked off the first version of the Basanic Handbook Update, so that's nice and made some other beginnings. This week we'll start off the downtimes for January and get those out to you. This weeks thanks are mainly going to Mike Roberts, Anthony Gunfield and Pete Walls for their continued behind the scene's work :-)

This weekend we kick off the year with a double header of excitement
Saturday sees the Primus taking on the Synod again - Crew always helpful
https://www.facebook.com/events/175589066377431/

Sunday brings us the follow up with the Shield leading the way - Again Crew a bonus.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1932499757011992/

We are looking forward to 2018 and hoping to smash more records this year and getting back into the woods at the weekend!!

So if you need us at all let us know and if there is anything that can be done we'll do it.

In the meantime: Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward, very much, to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2018, 08:25 
GOLDAM

Hello folks

Welcome to the midweek update where look at the weekend events and the problems that we might face in running our games. First up is the Clergy event which looks ok on paper. We have an almost full player team but needs two more crew to run. You have a couple of players that are happy to drop out and make up the numbers but a few more crew would be aces.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5116

Sunday is the second part of the glorious weekend and focuses on the military side of things; we need three more crew to make it work and I'd like those confirmed by Sunday please.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5117

So if you are braving the woods this weekend the weather looks like this, so dress appropriately. (Chilly but dry)

As ever the list of questions stands
Larper need lift
Larper need sleepy sleep
Larper go debrief

Please let us know your plans :-)

Stay Safe Kids

S

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2018, 11:14 
GOLDAM

Morning Superb People,

I hope that this message finds you in fine form, fetlock and fettle and that you had an excellent weekend wherever you were and whatever you were doing. The first weekend offering from RoC in 2018 was wicked! From Friday night all the way through to Sunday night I had a great time with the people of RoC. It was great being able to relax with people before the events and shoot the breeze whilst bringing home the plot and also just chilling

So Saturday took us to the Frozen North in pursuit of Lothar and the enemies of the Faiths; along the way we took in parts of Rhygahrea, Kern and the Ancestral Lands and they were not without trial. Thanks to the players for being on board with the twisting nature of the plot and the trappiness of it all. It was a great event with a huge amount of people on it - Twenty? which I thought would slow it down but that didn't prove to be the case. Loved the Countess moments at the end, actually I just loved all the penny dropping moments.

Sunday followed the same path as our military unit took in the same course but with very different goals in mind. Recovering the Hivatlean Tribe from the Corrigun was just the tip of the Iceberg as the players dared the jaws of the camp of the Hardbacks and the Golden Lion before taking to the Frozen North once more. Rejoice for Woderick Dasmamcass is dead but fear that Penny Chenet is not. Blimey a lot happened and again, there were an awful lot of you. Great, great day; great weekend and absolutely wonderful people.

As ever the games won't run unless there are the crew and this weekends chest bumps and high fives got to the absolute host of folk that turned up to be outstanding: First up Dave Dulieu and Elizabeth Kefford for both days of endeavour; thank you so much guys. Then to: Matt Hussey, Roman, Aidan Bradley, Mike Roberts and the ever reliable Anthony Gunfield. You crewed your cotton socks off, wonderful characters, excellent combat and thanks for hanging about in the cold waiting for stuff to happen.

Alongside my stalwart crew are, as ever, my backroom staff of wonderworkers who keep everything tickety boo, ship shape and Bristol fashion and listen to plot ideas, rules thoughts and system development. So to them go the fist bumps and hearty handshakes: Mike Roberts, as ever, Jon Wickenden, Simone Hibbert, Elizabeth Kefford, Gary Llewellyn, Craig Beadnall, Tom Knight, Rachel Carter, Sam Blincoe, Matt Hussey, Pete Walls, Holly Goodall and so many, many more! This was a week where everyone seemed to pitch in and a hell of a lot was achieved, especially in the downtime area.

So that was last week and this is next!

Saturday takes in another round of Holly and Stephen specials although realistically they are just Holly events. I mainly stand around and watch while she does her thang. They have been really well received and were one of last years highlights. If you want to step away from plot, have a slap up meal of a day and go eventing with one of our best story tellers this one is for you!
https://www.facebook.com/events/364279764033436/

Sunday brings us back to the land of plot with a bump as the CoCP make their way deeper into the Shadows. This one is going to be another toughy and I am sure the CoCP would be welcoming of any support that it can get!
https://www.facebook.com/events/840598739479277/

And please book into the Fort if you are coming people at least on the event pages so that we know what we are writing for

To keep you apprised and up to date on the projects pacing we have started the Basanic Handout upgrade as well as the Guilds and what not to reflect current plot. We are also all about last years fort write ups and are pacing through the Bulceephar work. The Rhygahrean Nation, Low Kingdom Nation and the Ancestral Nation books are also underway and we have some website development meetings this week. So it's all go doncha know?

Ok that's me with the stuff being done.

But

If you need me or us for whatever reason; you know where to find whoever you need so feel free to get in contact. We're here.

So: Have a Foxes and Crows week people. I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care Of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 07:15 
GOLDAM

Merry Wednesday People,

Welcome to the bit of the week where we look at the upcoming weekend and deal with any problems that we might be facing:

Saturday, well, basically, it needs people - It's the next Holly and Stephen Special, they've been great events come along and do some good!
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5118

Sunday is the day of the CoCP and I need some crew - Any crew.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5119

If you are along this weekend the weather looks like this

As ever we go along the path of
Larper need lift
Larper need sleepy place
Larper go debrief

Shorty Mcshort short this week

Stay Safe People

S

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2018, 09:56 
GOLDAM

Hello folks

Welcome to the week and the five day wait till there is more RoC! I hope that you had a wicked bad weekend and that this message finds you in fine form, fetlock and fettle. Because a handful of intrepid crew turned up in the cold and the rain we had a properly tip top weekend; tonnes happened, the plot ramped up another notch and a lot of fun was had. You guys really are wonderful but we will come to that.

So Saturday Holly reffed another of her marvellous events that took us to the city of Strabe as the players danced in the weave. A dark days Church of Notelexus was plundered for its artefacts which led a merry band of rebellious teenagers (the boisterous five) and a prophet responsible for the thefts. They spoke of Missing Orphans (a trend at the moment) which bought them to a mysterious mime and a mildly miffed Kuldisar and powerful curse in the weave. The battle was fought against an ancient enemy of the Academy and from those ashes a new threat rose....the five arrested for heresy, touched by the power of the ancient relics escape in an inquisition dirigible! You'll have to wait for the write up but what a day it was.

Sunday was a whole different kettle of fish as the CoCP and a wandering Battered Shielder went out to take on the Maellisters. The day was epic, just the Sourcerers and this one Warrior against the world. It deserves a proper description but: Zerith and the Church of Ekimelahw, the oldest Lairdan Gan and the Oath of the Cavaliers! The place of Her (Ekimelahw) ascension, the uncorruptable corrupted yet saved by the Nexartus of old. The first table of Jet, broken, with its oaths undone and the great circle of Her Holy Fire. Reforging the table and the new oath, the power of the world in your hands and Jacks new orb! Onwards and under the mountain, the afterlife of the Shadowed Lands and the great seal: The first Power of Ekimelahw, Velmourne of Justice, more Cavaliers, the Maelisters and their prison and the truth of Sarkith! New plans for the CoCP and targets for the army. Time to go on the offensive.

All of this was brought to you by the power of the willing crew! Many were promised in the booking process and some dropped out leaving only a valiant few to do battle in poor conditions. Despite everything you worked hard to cover the gaps and I know this has made a few of you and me, pretty unwell. So thank you for making up for others, being brilliant, kicking it in the rain and making sure the players had such a good time: All the plaudits to Holly Goodall for reffing, AC Day, Matt Warwick (twice), Elizabeth Kefford (twice) and Matt Hussey you deserved all the applause and cheers and I hope you get the crew to cover you when you play. Much is the love and the wonder.

Of course all of the thanks also goes to the people that work so hard behind the scenes: Doing your admin, making kit, filling your Character Packs, driving people about, doing your downtime and writing your events. There's a load of you I probably might forget some of you but you also deserve all the love: Mike Roberts, Elizabeth Kefford, Pete Walls, Simone Hibbert, Craig Beadnall, Rachel Carter, Sam Blincoe, Jon Wickenden and Matt Collinson. It wouldn't be the game it is without you.

So that was last week and this is next:

Saturday is the next part of the Zeeyada
https://www.facebook.com/events/2099636463601195/

Sunday is Dafe, Dave! dave! Dafffe's birthday event - Should be fun
https://www.facebook.com/events/133380930691959/

Also if you are playing the March Fort we'd like to know

So there is a lot going on this week - Firstly I need to say that I am pretty unwell this morning and that I will be absent at a family funeral for several days this week so if we can keep that in mind when PMing n stuff, I might not be able to get back to you for a while.

Next up the new website should go up this week and we will also be doing the bookings for February and putting up March to go go go. More work on the Basanic handout will go forward and we'll be getting the Tharinos sales actually out - Sorry for the delays. Basically there is a lot still going forward as we rock our way through January, blimey!

If you need me, you know where I am, this week is a difficult one but I will do whatever I can to be there if you need me.

So that's me.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2018, 08:20 
GOLDAM

Hey all,

This is the quick Wednesday update where we look at the weekend and any problems that might be facing us for those days:

Saturday is the next part of the Zeeyada and is looking healthy save for a couple of crew
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5120

Sunday is Dave "He Man" Dulieus birthday event and again, looks healthy save for a few crew.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5121

As ever be prepared; it's been a blustery week and the weather looks like this
So nippy but dry!

We will also need to know answers to the following questions
Larper Need lift
Larper need sleepy space
Larper go debrief

Don't forget to pay in advance for the discount but feel free to pay me full price after the event :D

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 08:32 
GOLDAM

Hello folks and welcome to the week!

Wherever you were and whatever you were doing, I hope that you had a fantastic weekend and that this message finds you in fine form, fetlock and fettle. The woods beckoned this weekend and that's where we ended up for another sequence of excellent events, plot shocks and blade crossing. Despite what is turning into a nightmare start to 2018 the weekends provide time away and a chance to flex the story telling muscles and enjoy the company and excellence of others:

Saturday was a return to the Zeeyada and saw the intrepid crew take to the seas once more as they made their way to Zoranethi islands, met with prophets and mantles of plague. Battled the darkest of monstrosities below the world and stole ancient treasures from the uncanniest of artificers. Finally the gifts of the deep were received by the humblest of priests and the voyage home. Sadly I missed a fair whack of the event due to r/l so massive thanks to Matt and Holly who took the wheel and drove the players to a world of fun.

Sunday we delved into the story of the Tzan family line, a family of Lairdan Gan from the high peaks of the mountains....or where they in fact the Mahjool family of Zumatakan from the Egarian Desert? A mysterious letter, a call for help, was deciphered and the hidden past of a trading house was lain bare. A journey to meet a Fae that had once bought a lost child to the University to be cared for by an old Proffessor became fraught with danger. Glamour stories, Shaodw Towers of the City of Blood Tears, Wazirs and encounters all followed with a special nod to "The Bastard" at the end.

As ever the weekend could not have gone ahead without those wonderful people that step up to crew so huge hugs and hearty high fives to the guys that made everything work: Holly Goodall and Matt Hussey for taking the front seat on Saturday and Matt for Sunday too. Shirley Austin, AC Day, Blake "Wrong Day" Web, Matt Warwick (twice), Kevin Pothecary and Sarah Gillingham for making up the rest of the ensemble - You worked hard and stepped up to the task at hand and we will be eternally grateful :-)

Of course there is always the behind the scene staff that make stuff happen in the background, wonders that they are: Mike Roberts, Pete Walls, Elizabeth Kefford, Craig Beadnall, Simone Hibbert, Matt Hussey and Jon Wickenden to name but a few. Special thanks to Rachel Carter, Sam Blincoe and matt Warwick who have been working feverishly on the Website and Wikkipedia that is coming up and to Alex Barbor who drove the long way round to make sure me and the boy Trousers could get to the site when no one else would.

So that was last week and next week is my weekend off. The Following things are important however: the 10th and 11th are an epic weekend that is sorely in need of crew so that we can accommodate the full booking of players
https://www.facebook.com/events/211800699393286/

https://www.facebook.com/events/182679848997345/

And of course please book in/pay for the Fort - The numbers are almost there but I will need to cancel it soon if there isn't much more traction on this cheers

After all that I also have to say that it looks as though I will be responsible for 4 funerals in the coming weeks and everything that comes with that. My availability will be extremely sparse. I will, of course, work the unsocial hours so that you still get as much game and feedback as you can, especially with Downtime week coming up. So I apologise in advance for any lack of quality in what is being produced or time.

All that said if you need me you know where I am and I will help out if I can.

So have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to a weekend off and hopefully seeing a bunch of you and equally bumping into more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2018, 08:41 
GOLDAM

Hello all,

Whilst there are no events this weekend we still have a few things to touch base on this fine Wednesday Morning.

Firstly I will harp on again about the 10th and 11th of February - It's a28 player extravaganza, it starts an hour earlier than most event but it is in need of a handful of crew! Saturday needs one more but Sunday still needs four crew if I am even going to complete the writing for the day. Maybe you crew a lot or maybe you have never crewed but the system needs you on that day. If you be player or current crewman start pestering and get the people on board.
https://www.facebook.com/events/211800699393286/

https://www.facebook.com/events/182679848997345/

Onto the March Fort!
This year we are doing things with style so if you are along or you want to be make sure you are on the FB page or paying attention to the forums - The dig team are arriving and will be making updates in the coming weeks so for snippets and teasers your eyes will need to be peeled.

This Fort now needs one more minimum player so if you want to throw yourself into an excellent plot now is your chance.

So that's us

Stay Safe People

S

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next