[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4727: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4728: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rising Of Chaos • View topic - Weekly Message

Rising Of Chaos

The Legend of Vaklam continues
It is currently 28 Jan 2020, 00:07

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weekly Message
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2018, 09:51 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Campers

As ever I hope that this message finds you in fine form, fettle and fetlock and that you had a fantastic weekend wherever you were and whatever you were doing. Once again and in what feels like a new weekend tradition: Welcome on board to our new people, it's wonderful to have you along and to see you get involved in our small corner of the larping world and of course thanks to everyone that was along at the weekend in general.

Sadly, this morning, I don't have time to say much so this message is a quicker and more informative one. This week I will be in London for several days attending the funerals of Aunt, Uncle and Cousin and much more of the week I will be in the Solicitors offices and attending to other business. On top of this the fort is two weeks away and I am being bugged a lot about the downtimes and other RoC related matters.

There will be snatches of time overnight that I can attend to some of the requests that are being made of me and I will bring my time to bare in the most efficient way possible.

My thanks to all of the tremendous crew that came out this weekend there were a lot of drop outs and "ill" people ;) I know a lot of you came to try and make sure I played but it was not destined to be. Thank you to all - Despite not playing it was great to be in the company of such outstanding people.

I gtg

Fort stuff
https://www.facebook.com/events/742760709243959/

Foxes and Crows
People

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2018, 14:35 
GOLDAM

Good Day Folks,

As ever I hope that this message finds you in fine form, fetlock and fettle and that you had an excellent weekend wherever you were and whatever you were doing. RoC took itself to the forts and ran an Egarian weekend in the Lost City of Bulceephar, absolutely loved it all and, again, in my opinion we just keep getting better. However, before I really get into the waxing lyrical thing, I'd like to take the time to welcome even more new people onboard as we swell our ranks to an even greater state. It is wonderful to have you here and despite being brand new, in some cases to larping, you fit in like you had been here forever. Great to have you.

So! The Forts. Last year I said that the 10 day event marked a change to the way that we ran a lot of our events and post that, with some personnel changes for the better, the Tharinos and now the city of Bulceephar have changed the look and feel of the Forts and the general attitude of the system to the weekend events in the woods has been excellent. To come to the forts after three family deaths, just in my experience, let alone what happened to other people around me and run the event that we did seemed to be more than challenging.

Was there a need for hands on refs this weekend? No, not really. The new tech, the set up and the extremely well written and prepared for NPC's removed the need for so much of the descriptive and older reffing techniques and the camp looked beautiful as we upped the tents by another three or four. If this keeps up we will actually completely cover the parade ground, which would be pretty wicked and we already have a lot of plans for the next one.

I could talk about how well we did for hours but I think I might fall asleep at my keyboard before I manage that so let's look at the people that matter! This weekend I named several people as my refs for this weekend and it is with them that I will start of the thanks:

The following were part not only of the Fort but the planning team and put tens, if not hundreds of hours into working through the plot, scripting DPC's, organising the drivers, making the props, making the handouts and packing everything up before the event. On top of that they also set up the fort, organised the event and made sure it all happened on site. I'd like to thank them all for every ounce of effort and support that they gave to this event and to me and I would also like to offer them the additional love because:

Shirley Austin - For running sections, being Estekan, cooking the food, back and leg rubs when bodies wouldn't work, tents and pavilions and talking to me. Much is the love.

James Henry - For running sections, being Maneesh and Doctor Moon, putting up all the tents with "that" hangover, fighting in the tunnels, keeping your cool and talking to me. Thanks Mister.

Matt Hussey - For running sections, being Xaksatata and the table thing, being the gruesome corpse that looked so cool, for fighting in the tunnels and for making me laugh - Cheers dude.

Jon Wickenden - For running sections and doing the extra driving, being Captain Gunne and Farook, fighting in the tunnels and especially making the time to sit and talk to me on the walls - Wicked bad.

Elizabeth Kefford - For making all of the Headwear for the Paragons, the medallions and making both the fonts, for fighting in the tunnels and doing all of the plays that were so good. On top of that you were Daysha Kay, Basset Oot, The Allahai Krokeen and Professor Yuirnat- Amazing stuff.

Mike Roberts for being Lord Montague, Hensa Sern and still beating in the faces of the good guys and for carrying on when he was out of it - Properly a hero

Amy Brutnell - For making petri dishes, fighting in the tunnels and in the main, being Ash Kru Thulan, the Seralloshun and Gul Gul Veen and finding the time to chat with me - Thank you very much

Jack Palby - For fighting all weekend and also for driving everyone all over the place and being as helpful as you were and for being Ertred Veen in the struggle for your heart. Much is the love.

Martin Dewhurst - For fighting most of the weekends and for being Tolvek Surn, The Telcapheer and Finger Stix and not killing anyone and the bantz in the main room - Thank you very much.

Alice Jennings - For being so pleased with yourself when fighting all weekend, being Brimenet, Cloethis, our Brooganestyl AND Dirigible crew. Finding time to talk to me helped as well. Not too shabby for your second event and first fort.

AC Day - For kit supplying, fighting in the tunnels, for being Aida Maneep for the majority of the weekend as one of the key DPC's and making sure I was ok - Thank you very much.

Thomas Coleman - For coming to your first fort, fighting in the tunnels all weekend, being Thukeret and Calthephet Faryo and for helping with tents and chatting to peeps. Well done Mister.

The rest of my team came along for the weekend and threw themselves into the world of Bulceephar, they worked and played hard and I couldn't have asked any more from them. They were (in no particular order).

Karl Ball - For the great battle, clearing "that" tunnel and being Gelder Cips and bringing me a cigar on my birthday. Thank you

Emma Radwanski - For the great battle, clearing "that" tunnel and being Hurek's Wife, Melainy and giving me much needed cuddles and doing the special dance. Thank you.

Simon Myall - For helping with the kit all weekend, playing Dayad Sen'ata and spying for the Blood Tears peeps, guarding Xaksatata and generally being volunteering folk! Thank you very much.

Alex Brown - Totally new and you would never have known; thank you for everything over the weekend as Byasheelant and as general volunteer you were outstanding - Thank you.

Pete Cartwright & Scarlet Hutton - Great to see you for the time you were there, sorry that I didn't get time to spend with you but it was truly aces that you were there.

Will Mowlam - Good to have you back and thank you for the general volunteering and the Wash'd Akhan action, it was a pleasure to see you again.

Outside of the crew special thanks really need to go to all the people that helped out in the background to make this happen as well: Simone Hibbert for all the driving around and helping out with stuff in general. Craig Beadnall for helping with the prep and some of the writing and to Gary Llewellyn for reading through some of the stuff and providing feedback. Thank you guys for being, generally, so amazing.

Equally it was great to see a few people that we haven't seen for a while: Seeing Adam Martin well and Sara Walls back was a pleasure.

Also I may have been there. It is hard to say.

Finally, in thank you's I would like to say thank you to everyone that took time away from the Parade Ground to sit down with me on Friday night and raise a few jars to celebrate my birthday. It's been a really, really hard few months and it meant more than I can say to you to have people come down to chill with me. Especially the players who could have spent more time upstairs drinking and chilling in character. Thank you all.

So my favourite bits: Frankly there were too many to name. The fact that it was all so big that Thursday felt like an event years ago come Saturday was aces. The levels of kit and the dressing that went on. The levels of prep and professionalism of the people that I was working with, these things were all excellent and the game stuff just happened seamlessly around them. Let's hope the next one is just as good.

If you are along next weekend it looks like we are just doing the Saturday seeing as everyone is probably going to be knackered!
https://www.facebook.com/events/368933070240704/

So now I am going to enjoy a glass of wine and get some sleep, if you need me you know where I am but I may be slightly more tired than usual.

And that's me - Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing some of you at the weekend and bumping into a whole load of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 08:00 
GOLDAM

Hello Good Folk

Welcome to the midweek update where we look at the weekend ahead and the problems, if any, that are facing us. We are only doing one day this weekend because everyone is knackered after such a fabulous fort so we'll start with Saturday:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5205

Looks like we are fine with players, it looks super low end, but we might do well with one or maybe two crew given the aching of our bones and muscles.

If you am be along the weather looks like this
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637487
So breezy but warmer than it has been - Dress appropriately!

As ever the following questions will apply:
Larper need lift
Larper go debrief
Larper need sleepy space
Larper need to borrow stuff

This week I am mainly getting this month's downtimes done and everything up to date which is a challenge but I reckon we will get there at some point.

This time last week was fort arrival day!

Anyways....

Stay Safe Kids

S

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2018, 09:24 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Good Folk,

Welcome to the week long wait for more RoC! After Fort recovery, it's been a difficult week with a lot of people suffering from Post Fort Blues and I hope that we did enough to help with that. The kit has been slowly being cleaned and put away and the costume washed with background meetings and chats to clean up what happened. All looks good.

This weekend saw the tired crew rally for an excellent day out with Matt Hussey back in the frame for reffing and a whole bunch of new players. So: Welcome on board new players! That was a whole lot of newbies floating about and it was also great to see so many crew about after the exhaustion of the Fort, as ever the support that you send us is wicked bad.

From a personal point of view I thought that the pacing was very good, working very well with the "Innsmouth" feel that Matt bought to the field. The insular fisherman and their peculiar story telling was something that I enjoyed and may have been inspired by my recent viewing of The Horror of Fang Rock, for those Dr Who aficionados out there. Very fun weekend.

As ever the game wouldn't have gone ahead without the wonderful volunteers that make the team of heroes complete. So to them I doff my hat: Matt Hussey for the wonderful reffing with the stalwart Simone Hibbert, Elizabeth Kefford, Alice Jennings and Anthony Gunfield at his side. What a wonderful team of ancient mariners, vile nightmares and cursed pirates you all were. And also that Daemon.

As ever the game couldn't go ahead without all of the behind the scenes stuff and last week was no exception. So my hearty thanks and unending love to: The legend that is Mike Roberts, Pete Walls of the forums, Elizabeth Kefford, Anthony Gunfield, Simone Hibbert, Craig Beadnall, James Henry, Jon Wickenden, Alice Jennings, Matt Hussey and anyone else that threw their lot in with us last week. I am blessed to have such an amazing team of people on board.

So that was last week and this is next: Saturday is as advertised, another event is being touted but I will need to know if that is going ahead by Wednesday if you want me to get it running:
https://www.facebook.com/events/431237433997740/

It's also worth noting, given how well the last one went that the next Fort is basically on the horizon:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1175527552547483/

I will continue to ask you to keep your questions away from facebook and PM's and heavily on the Forums - The lessening of traffic through my FB feed has really increased my work rate in the last two months and I appreciate that a great deal. Equally if you are heading to the pubs for the debriefs and the like at the weekend can you please, please make sure that you book a space in advance. Thank you!

This week it will be backlog work and Fort stuff in the pipeline so keep your eyes peeled for updates and what not. It's shop order day today and the downtimes are expected! With no Fort to worry about and personal circumstances a lot better your returns should be quicker out.

Equally if you need me you know where I am and I am happy to do what I can to help you no matter the situation you find yourself in.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 07:14 
GOLDAM

Hello all,

Welcome to the midweek update where we look at what is going on at the weekend coming up and any problems that we might face! We have a game for sure, sort of, on Sat and a big fat maybe for Sun. We'll start with the official game on Sat that looks like this:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5281

So lovely amount of players and zero crew - I know the crew have worked really hard recently but...is there any chance of a couple of crew for the weekend?

Sunday - Stick has a handful of people available - I'll post up today and let you know if we are going ahead. Looks Tao/Priestly

If we get out this weekend the weather looks like this
So a bit damp

As ever the usual questions arise
Larper need Sleepy space
Larper need lift
Larper go debrfief

Remember that it is Martins big fight on Saturday night - If you want to go along I am sure he can supply links here and it is all for a good cause.

In the meantime we are working hard to get through the Fort debrief and there are some wonderful game advancements on the horizon. I am sure that the design team will support me in this!

So yeah

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2018, 09:06 
GOLDAM

Hello Folks,

Welcome to the week long wait for more RoC! I hope that your weekend was as much fun as ours was wherever you were and whatever you were doing. RoC kept up the form with another couple of excellent events, despite the late booking and the drop outs on Sunday, everything felt right and fell nicely into place. I'd like to thank our new arrival: Mister G Azebo who was our MVP for the weekend and added a really good feel to the game. Anyways.

Saturday was a surprise, I was tentative when Ed asked for a diplomatic event, especially when I looked at the players. However: With the addition of the Gazebo, some absolutely outstanding volunteers and on the back of all of the work that has been done in the last year since Tharinos it went really well to such an extent that I really can't pick out the best moments. Every player and every volunteer involved themselves exceptionally from Aloysius and Eliahra dealing with the Ourusian feedback (lopping off The Earls hand, aces) to Viktorealis speech with the Egarian Trade houses and the ensuing backlash from the Countess' agents.

Sunday was a different kettle of fish as a small army of Priests found themselves one morning in the presence of Dazak North who told them a story about a fallen Priest. It was then great to see the story develop of a Primus that had fallen grace, returned to the world through his lust for power and the trail that led the players to him. Some absolutely top end performances from the players and volunteers, again, made for a tear jerking afternoon with a strong finale and Jack wasn't executed for Heresy so there's lovely.

As ever we wouldn't be where we are without the aid and assistance of our wonderful volunteers who all worked hard to make such a marvellous game. So to the following my greatest thanks: Matt Warwick, Elizabeth Kefford and the Gazebo (Twice), Dan Robinson, Kevin Pothecary, John Swarz and Jack Palby. You were all outstanding and deserve every plaudit I can offer you.

Alongside these heroes are our behind the scenes crew that process all your stuff and gang up for plot meetings and the like. To these wonders also go my praise: Mike Roberts, Anthony Gunfield, Elizabeth Kefford, Gary Llewellyn, Dan Robinson, Matt Hussey, Simone Hibbert, Craig Beadnall, Jon Wickenden, Holly Goodall, James Henry and Pete Walls. Plus anyone I can't think of. Thank you for all your help last week, especially those at last week's plot meeting.

So that was last week and this is next - Get yourself booked in please people, especially if you are crewing: Last minute rewrites for either dropouts or late additions is awkward.

Saturday is a CoCP day
https://www.facebook.com/events/187036775417550/

Sunday is a Shield day
https://www.facebook.com/events/628831317448569/

And get booking for the fort

This week I will be doing your downtimes and presenting the results of last weeks refs meeting to the system, that's all the downtime moves for all the other nations etc. This weeks refs meeting will be along the lines of the plot and the next stage of the new nation Handout for the Royal Basin.

As ever: I am here if you need me, whatever the reason, just give me a prod.

So there we go: Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 06:24 
GOLDAM

Hello folks,

How you doing? So your downtimes are out, scores are being processed and reports from the weekend are going up. I am writing up the Friday meeting stuff first today and then the weekend events. Regarding weekends I am going to start like this:

If you are intending to crew please book in by Thursday at the very latest where possible, please don't think that I know that you are along unless you tell me.

So.

This week we have a CoCP Mission heading out on Saturday that looks like this:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5282
We are 4 crew short and I will be cancelling this event tomorrow morning if we don't get the numbers

Sunday looks like this
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5283
We are 1 crew short for the event - I'll be making decisions on this event on Thursday evening.

If you are along for the excitement the weather looks like this
So dress appropriately

As ever the usual questions remain
Larper need sleepy place?
Larper need lift?
Larper go debrief

Remember no debrief booking is no seat at the pub

Ok people

Stay Safe

S

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 08:39 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Class,

Welcome to the two week wait for some more RoC, unless of course you are along for the RoC Kids day next Sunday! This weekend seemed to be another excellent one in the woods reflected in lots of keen in the pub afterwards and staying super late which has left one zoned out system head to reflect on the wonders of the weekend. It was great to meet even more new people in this continuously expanding family and to welcome back some old friends that we've missed for the last few years. It really was aces to see all so many of you wonderful folks over the weekend and wherever you were and whatever you were doing I hope you had as much fun as we did!

Saturday was a tricky one to run with the kick off of this stage of the plot and the addition of some old characters into the mix but I think it went very well. Planning stages and general rp was tip top and it was made very special for me with the Kren Daer scene, more so than Jack to be honest. I thought everyone was on point, the volunteering was outsanding and the story kick off went really well. Loved the Vorokian founders and the love for the Baroness and KD, Kern really has come on a way hasn't it?

Sunday was a different kettle of fish, mainly everything breaking at the start made it different :-) We fixed everything though and from the minute the players read their brief letter and accidentally tipped a dead soldiers ashes all over the floor I knew it was going to be a good day. So much actual good times yesterday: Actually decent Terrefians, the uptown talkers, prayfaces and Big Daz, a man called Bernard and remembering that people may have been paid 100 Helms to rescue a lost nephew over a year ago.....Then the Ikari possession, the Silver King and the Countess. It really kicked off. Loved it.

As ever we couldn't have done it without the help of all of the wonderful volunteer crew who properly, properly worked their socks off moving so much kit around. The site dressing was off the scale and once again the tentage proved its worth, definitely getting another one of those. So to those crew that struggled through the weekend with the tent and the tables and the chairs and all the other kit all my love, thanks and respect: Elizabeth Kefford and Matt Hussey who did the twice, Matt Collinson, Dave Dulieu, Kevin Pothecary, Anthony Gunfield, Jack Padley, Alice Jennings, Jon Wickenden and Karl Ball. Brilliant team of peeps.

On top of them we have a whole selection of people that are to be thanked for their sparkling work behind the scenes. we couldn't do what we do without all of the precious free time that they pump into the games so to: Mike Roberts, Pete Walls, Simone Hibbert, Elizabeth Kefford, Gary Llewellyn, Daniel Robinson and Jon Wickenden go my eternal thanks and the gratitude of everyone in the system should be felt with it.

Last week we pushed the boundaries of the Golden Table and in truth, I am falling behind in trying to get the new material out from the weekly refs meetings. However. This week I'll be trying to get that out but there is a Kids event this weekend so we will be looking at the Academy and the new rules, setting and plot for the, hopefully, monthly outings. Keep checking in for updates.

Whilst there are no standard events this weekend the system rolls on with Forts and the like in the months to come:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1673634306040842/

Equally players are looking at running some sanctioned banquets and the like this year if you want to help them out go here:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5326

So that's me - I am here if you need me for any reason

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 11:16 
GOLDAM

Afternoon All,

Welcome to the midweek update. Firstly a quick run through for the people bringing their kids along to the Academy event on Sunday which is here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/192845768185947/

Format will be -
• Get there around 9-9.30 and some of us will set up the Academy Tents and training area
• Give the kids a run through of the rules and being IC
• Theory in the Morning and then a break for snacks (all I/C please)
• Theory in Practice in the Early Afternoon then lunch (all I/C please)
• The Danger Chamber in the main afternoon
• Sash and Star awards at the end of the event

As there are no older children, as far as I know, we won't be running a Guild Investigation.

We will be providing the Guild Tents, Water and I/C drinking vessels, Insect repellent for kids and adults and the game.

If you are along the weather looks like this:
So a little wet in the morning and then a warm day

It would be lovely to do a lunch in the Bellemore with the kids again post event - Let us know what you think.

Anyone else that has kids and wants to bring them along please can you let me know by tomorrow at the latest, especially if they are over 10 as they will be doing proper plot.

Meanwhile that very same bee: We're using the chance to get some work done with lots of updates happening continuously on the Forums so keep your eyes there. There is also the position of the Bright Table Rep open for the Golden Table if you want to help run the Royal Basin and look after the small folk.

Downtime stuff is all up for next month and victory conditions have been set for all tables.

May bookings will go up in the next 48 hours as will the June bookings and some provisos for July.

Right

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 09:42 
GOLDAM

Good Morning People,

Welcome to the 5 day wait for more RoC! As ever I hope that you had a fantastic weekend wherever you were and whatever you were doing. This weekend we welcome on board a pile of new players to the system and we opened the RoC Academy, there's some pics below that are posted with full permission and I hope they give you a good idea of what we managed to pull off. There is a lot more to come.

We went to the woods and we built a schoolhouse and from there we taught the kids about the world from the ground up. It was a fantastic experience for all involved and I cannot wait to get planning for the next event, hopefully we can have some older kids along and get some guildic stuff going on as well. My favourite bits were all of it! Gotta say that it was wonderful to hear stories of how some of the kids are usually quieter or not as open and to see them being so involved it was great.

I could actually wax on for ages about the game and how much keen it has invigorated me with but I have to get on with work! So instead I will say a massive thank you to all the adults that were involved in the game, for putting up the Schoolhouse and teaching everyone. you were absolute stars.

Equally thanks to everyone that helped out in the week to prep things up and generally drive the game perpetually onwards: Mike Roberts, Simone Hibbert, Elizabeth Kefford, Gary Llewellyn, Craig Beadnall, Pete Walls and many more - You were all aces!

So that was last week and this is next, a double weekender of fun:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5091

It is going to be tippus toppus and I hope to see many of you along!

As ever - If you need me give me a prod

So have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

That really was an outstanding day

Take Care of Each Other

S

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 38  Next