[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4727: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4728: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rising Of Chaos • View topic - Weekly Message

Rising Of Chaos

The Legend of Vaklam continues
It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 04:57

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weekly Message
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 04:46 
GOLDAM

Hey all,

How you all doing? Welcome to the Midweek Message where we take a look at the upcoming weekend and try and deal with any problems that we might be facing. We'll start with Saturday with the trip to the Rice Empire which is looking peachy:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5476

Then on to Sunday which only has the 3 players after a number of people dropped out early this week! We do have some crew but unless I get the player numbers up to the minimum by Thursday evening I will be cancelling the event - Sorry!
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5477

If you are along for the weekend the weather looks like this
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637487
So kind of ok really

As per usual the following questions apply
Do you need a lift to site?
Do you need somewhere to stay?
Are you coming to the debrief?
Do you need a lift to the debrief?
Do you have a chair you can bring?

This week we are at the beautiful castle of Martin and Alice who are hosting a BBQ so bring your food and volunteer drinks ;) There is a FB invitation that tells you the address and stuff.

And that's enough from me

Stay Safe People

S

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2018, 07:08 
GOLDAM

Good Morning All,

Welcome to the mid week update where we look at the weekend ahead and any problems that we might face it. This week there is a big one at the moment.

Saturday - The bookee has vanished but we have enough peeps to run the scenario, it's what people keep asking for which is a self contained generic. So if you want some genny excitement this is the place to book on.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5478

Sunday is a return to Ebedur and is populated by eager players on what has been a really well received sequence of events. However there are no crew so I'll give it till tomorrow afternoon to get some chivvying going on before I commit to a proper write up.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5479

If it is your intention to be along the weather looks like this:
So raining and hot or just hot

As ever the questions go:
Larper need lift to site?
Larper go debrief?
Larper need lift to debrief?
Larper need sleepy space?

So that's me

Stay Safe Kids
S

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 09:13 
GOLDAM

Good Morning All,

Welcome to the 5 day wait for more RoC! This weekend went pretty well despite a lot of drop outs and other issues and to those people that ended up not being able to attend for various forms of health issues: We wish you a speedy recovery and if you need us we'll do what we can to assist with that process. To those that were able to attend: It was great to see you and a lot of fun was had so thank you for that!

Weekend highlights for me:
----> Tracking through the Temple and meeting the faceless spectres for the first time, the lack of information made it feel pretty spooky which was a real winner.

-----> Valsung spirit talking the spectres and it being the Mandragoran, what a glorious reaction that was.

-----> The planning to shut down the device, that would activate the Mandragoran and to kill the Node without releasing the Daemon House whilst killing the other daemon.....it was fun

-----> The guys that were trapped in their own time bubble with the word Mandy written on the floor

-----> So much of the Sunday event, which was very different, kicking off with the CoCP explaining to Shiirs party what responsibility was.

----> The council of war regarding the Countess was pretty awesome along with the planning of the trip to Egaria.

----> The battle with the Wazirs and watching the proper team work.

----> Being the very sad, old Egarian guy and talking through the tragic story of my life and afterwards learning that this was a highlight for people.

----> Being the Wazir at the end and talking through the offer to "surrender" and almost getting Azeez Majhool to agree to it.

-----> Oh and the reading of the story of Shiir Tzan was something of a joy as well as Dafe realising how far in over his head he was.

As ever we couldn't have run the event without the wondrous and hard working crew of RoC so huge thank you's to: Anthony Gunfield and Elizabeth Kefford for the twice and to Jack Padley, Shirley Austin, Matt Hussey, Jon Wickenden (super thanks for driving and crewing a bit even though you weren't supposed to be there)and Kevin Pothecary. You am all be great :-)

Also big thanks to the people that have been doing office related and house related stuff to get me through the week: Mike Roberts, Elizabeth Kefford, Anthony Gunfield, Jon Wickenden, Gary Llewellyn, Craig Beadnall, Pete Walls and anyone else that I may have missed out. You am either also be great or double great for helping me twice.

So that was last week and this is next:

Saturday is a lashings of plot day
https://www.facebook.com/events/2236068153071760/

Sunday I am watching Foot the Ball.

Get yourself booked in and if you are coming to the fort let me know and pay me please
viewforum.php?f=91

So if you need me or us or whatever we will do everything we can to be here for you, just let us know.

In the meantime have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2018, 07:18 
GOLDAM

Hello People of RoC,

Welcome to the mid-week update where we look at the upcoming weekend and seeing if there are any problems and how to overcome them. This weekend we are only running on Saturday because football is on Sunday

So it's a plot day and we are getting nothing but good feedback from them so be there! Needs more of all kinds of people tbh
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5480

If you are along the weather looks like this:

As ever if you are along the following questions demand answers:
Larper need lift to site?
Larper need sleepy space?
Larper go debrief?
Larper need lift to debrief?

And that is that

Stay Safe People

S

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2018, 09:10 
GOLDAM

Good Morning All,

And welcome to the three day wait for more RoC: I don't have a lot of time today so this morning will be a short message I am afraid with the Fort looming. So the weekend was wicked bad fun with a lot of story and lashings of plot going on. There was a lot of happiness, during and after the game, which was an absolute pleasure to see. My obvious happy was being Bethylak although the soul trading stuff at the end was also good fun.

My hugest of thanks to my crew and backroom staff: Matt Hussey, Elizabeth Kefford, Jon Wickenden, Jack Padley, Kevin Pothecary, James Wood, Mike Roberts, Ed Owen Jones, Craig Beadnall and John Swarz. Also anyone else that I might have missed of the list! This weekend we obviously have the forts.

I can still put players on the Thursday, Friday and the Sunday - Let me know if you still want to be along
viewforum.php?f=91

I am looking forward to seeing a load of you there people

If you need me you know where I am

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2018, 10:42 
GOLDAM

Hello Wondrous People,

Welcome to the Eleven day wait for more ROC although in honesty I think it will take over a month to recover from the fort weekend. My shoulder is swollen to the size of much larger shoulder ;) and my knees are spongy and bruised! I am pretty sure that the rest of the heroes of the Fort are equally as knackered physically and mentally and I am also pretty sure that you get how much I love you for all of your efforts, your care, love and attention.

This was up there with the best Forts balancing the story direction with player action putting a lot more hard skill into the game. Artificing, Tracking and the like all being updated into the new game really made a difference with a host of positive feedback. The autonomy that this brings and the changes that it brings are all tremendous along with the politics, personal plot and other downtime expansion made this, probably, the first of the new forts and system games.

The Forts were a tough challenge given the illness and injury that swept through the volunteers, leaving only a skeleton crew to facilitate to the players. However, with only a few blips, we worked efficiently and diligently and got the job done giving us an excellent experience and achieving much in the overarching plot. This was all executed by the aforementioned volunteers and a plethora of outstanding players who operated as a team throughout.

So my team is where I will start:

Shirley Austin: Thank you for coming into the system and taking up the role of primary caregiver in the system. As a roleplayer and storyteller you have developed tremendously over the last number of years and that, in itself, would be enough to make you an integral part of our Fort set-up. The care, the cooking, the massage table, the listening and the providing of love to all and sundry without rest. It's always a pleasure and a humbling experience to work with you and again, your portrayal of your roles your writing for the dead guilds folk and fort set up were spot on. Much is the love.

Matt Hussey: Few people have as much system knowledge these days as you Mister Matt and experience of the game as you have which brings a great deal of believability to your DPC's as much as your characters. You intuitively follow the aspects of the story and using the medium of the DPC tell your story well, bringing people into contact with it and allowing them to feel like assets to it. Despite everything that is happening around you, you keep on being positive and try to keep everything on track.

Anthony Gunfield: The irrepressible Trews. It has been an absolute pleasure watching you, not only, grow into the game but also into you and the selfless young hero that you are becoming. Your endless work rate and willingness to achieve has always been a strength but that is becoming coupled with more convincing roleplaying and decision making. Your ability to understand the games dynamics and complications are second to none. All your work and diligence to making our lives better from days before the event, packing, to reffing scenes and taking on the DPC's. Well done young man.

James Henry: To watch you, Trews and Matt crewing on Saturday afternoon tells me everything I need to know about your commitment to the game and what you are doing. Crew wrangling, especially under the circumstance is a difficult job but you did it anyway. It was said by many that the crew seemed to be everywhere at once and this was more true of you than anyone I would say. As with most people on this list: Watching your development as a DPC and player along with your growing confidence and expertise has fully justified the faith that I and others have put in you over the years.

Jack Padley: Where to start? You have adapted to larping wonderfully, despite only getting in the larp car a short while ago. You are full of good ideas and questions and are more than capable of following through the roles that you are given. Your willingness to get things done absolutely fits in with the RoC ethic which was epitomised by the fact that you basically floored yourself on Saturday. On top of that you hired us and drove for us a van that let us get all of the kit and stuff too and from the site successfully: Hats off to you Mister Padley.

John Swarz: Came to the Fort without any time for prep and having been unable to attend any of the build up meetings. Coupled with that you had a bad back which kept you out of the majority of the action. Regardless you pitched in and managed to free up a lot of hands by prepping up the paperwork and cards for the artifice and other areas. You made a blinding Sarkith, which drew a lot of plaudits from the players and made your way into the tunnels when you really didn't want to. Well done you.

Simon Myall: Thank you for all the help that you offered to the system; you don't get down to the standard weekend events so I understand that it is difficult to integrate with the game every few months. Regardless you jump in and we give you some challenging roles which you take on board and run with as the game develops. The endless battling of Saturday showed the real conviction that it takes to be an RoC volunteer and you managed that with real aplomb.

Dave Dulieu: Little Dafe. I think that all the hard work that you did was underlined by the fact that you really wanted to go to the wake on Saturday night but you fell asleep at 7 immediately after food and stuff because you had exhausted yourself. You totally throw yourself into your roles and your continual wonder, delight and happiness at the game you are in is a wonder. You may have only crewed three days but it felt like five and thank you for all the roles that you provided and the endless Daemonic Strikes on Saturday!

Elizabeth Kefford: Immediately I know that you are going to read this and think that you let everyone down. Firstly you were ill and still did Weds/Thursday and were there bits of Sat and Sunday to help out. Equally you put a lot of effort into helping with the set up of the Fort, working with me to sort out the artifice plan, helping at the meetings, the packing and so on and so forth. Your roles on the Thursday when we had few crew were aces and we definitely, definitely could not have done it without you.

AC Day: Listening to you and Shirley talking as you packed kit on Saturday drew attention to the fact that whilst I do all the writing of plot and event stuff and the like there is still so much more to do. I used to be a volunteer and then a ref and I forget sometimes how much organising goes into that side of things. Thank you for all that effort and for keeping me informed of what was happening and bringing your cheerful self to otherwise grumpy areas this weekend. You were aces in the roles we gave you and well up for fighting - Glad to have you back along.

Ameh Brutnell: It is always good to have an old hand return to the fold and this time with a more stable foot :-) You did a day and it felt like more, especially as you massively chipped in with the make-up effects for Saturday which really saved everyone a mask and brought some good presence to the game in general. It was good to have you along and I hope to see you soon and more frequently.

Steph Warren: Again, pretty much brand new and never having done a fort before you jumped in feet first and seemed to fit in pretty damn well! Aside from a few puzzled looks and glances you went through the gears and got involved making yourself a pivotal part of what happened. I can see the full on Larper that is dwelling in the background of your head if you chose to embrace them and I hope that you carry on learning your trade with us here in RoC.

On top of all these heroes, these Days of Legend, I would give special mention in thanks to the following people who really helped out with the running of the weekend: First up to Julian Sehmi who books and organises the Forts. Then Simone Hibbert, Jon Wickenden and Alex Barbor who drove my volunteers and additional kit about the place and also some of whom, helped pack things up and get us all sorted. All the people in the system are special, you all deserve praise for the things that you bring to the game for yourselves and each other.

So that's the people and on, briefly, to the event.

HOTS
*** There was a lot of good in it. A lot. Egarian day on Thursday was very, very good.
*** Being the Wrack Weed addict and just generally roleplaying my way through that.
*** The Very slow brief as Jack Spears in between scenes and depending where players went.
*** The Djinnist I played on Thursday night and the revelations that went on from my side of the fence.
*** Enjoying hearing what had happened not only in the politics meetings but also in the trade and general meetings
*** Being a Pharaohian servant and Seshmet trying not to laugh
*** Eliahra's self sacrificing death and peoples reaction to it.
*** Hach' Sense Dee Mon. Hach' Sense Hach Undead etc
*** The Kaol and people really appreciating the concept of my Targyress really trying to start a fight with the Spire of Fire and then physically dropping a building on them.
*** The Clergy Meeting and "that answer" followed by the Golden Table meeting where, once again, we totally achieved a load of stuff.
*** The Vorokian meeting - I missed the rescue but the meeting was aces. Good theory behind what was happening in the world.
*** Everything about the City of Staves from the artifice to the rituals and the markings and the involvement that the players were clearly getting to the terror that was generated not just by Sarkiths presence but the presence of the Mallisters as well.
*** Finding Mirelles body and getting her to safety and then the death of Aloysius.
*** The wake - As Quinn and Jack mainly but Big Daz and Plaguemantle also felt important. Those candles though.
*** Again - Everything from the last day was good, I am glad that we went with what we did for the end of Sarkith. It felt important, it felt like a win and everyone, everyone, everyone played their part.
*** It was good to feel so appreciated by the majority of folks who stuck around at the end to pass on their love for the crew that volunteers that worked SO very hard for them.
*** The Curry.

NOTS
*** The weather was too hot
*** There being either an illness that hit the crew, a strain of backache or the toothache that seemed to be doing the rounds that was debilitating and reducing crew numbers.
*** The death of many Gazebos.

So that was last week and this week I am off for the weekend, I have no idea what I will get done but there is a lot of kit to clean and get away and this usually takes a few weeks so there may be very little else that happens. However the following weekend the world looks like this:

Sat - Politics in action
https://www.facebook.com/events/1943941832296073/

Sun - A System Booked Generic
https://www.facebook.com/events/253716622046721/

And whilst we are on a Fort High - Get Booking
https://www.facebook.com/events/1673634306040842/

In the mean time - You know where I am if you need me.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Really Good Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018, 08:12 
GOLDAM

Hello all,

I hope you are all well and had a fantastic weekend in the blazing sunshine :-) After the Forts and the pack down I have taken it easy for a few days, chilled out and caught up on the happy happy. So this is a quick message to let you know that we are prepping for the weekend, doing the downtimes and getting the shop orders ready for the weekend. There is one outstanding problem for the weekend however and that is the progression of England.

As some of you know I am an avid football fan and should the Three Lions progress to the final on Sunday I will be watching it. It starts at 4 so if the larp is to go ahead an early start and finish will be in order. We'll know more about that on Thursday Morning - But everyone along is welcome to be sat in my garden watching the game and drinking beer with the rest of us if Captain Kane and co fire us to glory.

As it stands the weekend looks like this:

Sat
Political summit - Needing some crew and players, although a reasonable number seem to be in attendance
https://www.facebook.com/events/1943941832296073/

Sun
A sequence of mysterious happenings in one of our RoC generics and then hopefully a football filled befrief!
https://www.facebook.com/events/253716622046721/

Tharinos is around the corner - Get booked in and let me know if you are crewing.

So - If you need me you know where I am people

Have a foxes and crows week, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2018, 07:02 
GOLDAM

Hello All!

Welcome to the mid-week update where we take a look at the upcoming events for the weekend and try and deal with any of the problems that we might face. We will kick off with Saturday:

The Sunspeak Summit - Another event that drives us in the direction of the Tharinos and keeps the political and story bll rolling.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5550
Could do with another volunteer and some confirmation from those along

The following exciting "genericus" is set up for Sunday although it is, basically, crewless and there might be football after
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5551

Any more peeps for the weekend make yourself known

If you are along I understand the weather will look like this
So it's going to be freezing.....best wrap up warm. Jeez it's like 30 degrees

As ever these are the questions that you need to answer
Larper need lift to site
Larper go debrief
Larper need lift to debrief
Larper need sleepy space

Happy Trails People

Stay Safe

S

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 08:27 
GOLDAM

Good Morning Wonderful People

Welcome to the five day wait for some more RoC! That was a top weekend in the woods with tremendous human beings and another set of games that I felt really happy with, particularly Sundays game. The new format of the Summit went well, probably needs some more violence and we achieved a hell of a lot, good to be properly politicking and Sunday was a great return to the old school mystery plots and kept everyone on their toes. Very engaging, very clever plot and a great group to run it with.

Saturdays highs would be, primarily, the way the whole thing seemed to come together: The crew stayed on brief and brought the nations that they were representing to life. Plot revelations were wicked and well received and the players and crew, as ever, were excellent with interaction: Johan vs the Azure Order, Johan vs the Baroness, Johan vs Rhygahrea..... the list goes on. Making Calan Master of the Iron Table only to be overruled by Mallory (I think the power has gone to his head.) The Egarian almost bought to tears by the revelations of Kren Daer and the whole The Rice empire wants its people back skit was excellent.

Sunday was just aces and really took me back to some of the games we had time to run outside of all the other bookings a few years ago. From investigating the Helgathian Vessel and meeting the detectives onwards it was great. I loved so much of it, it was such a reactionary event and really gave me a chance to flex some old story telling muscles which made me really happy. Being supported by such a strong crew was also a bonus :-) Having them pick up whatever I gave them and just slip the role on was excellent. Brilliant assassinaty fun!

So my crew - Yes - Wonderful people, all of them and in needs of massive thanks for all the work that they put into the weekend: Elizabeth Kefford get's the Lionshare with double billing over the two days! But no less thanks for the one dayers goes to Matt Hussey, AC Day, Kevin Pothecary and Anthony Gunfield - You were all great and I was the Emperor Fabulous :-) Looking forward to seeing more of it soon.

Equally all of the thanks has to go to the behind the scenes heroes who have been supporting the system behind the scenes: Downtime writing, kit packing, people driving, meeting having heroes are as follows: Gary Llewellyn, Craig Beadnall, Simone Hibbert, Elizabeth Kefford, Mike Roberts, Pete Walls, Shirley Austin, Anthony Gunfield, Ed Owen Jones, James Henry, AC Day, Jack Padley, Neil Gunfield, Matt Hussey and Jon Wickenden! That's a lot of people on the team and you really helped out.

So that was last week and this is next
Saturday sees us doing a low ender for AC's birthday - Some crew shaped people and maybe a player or two would be aces
https://www.facebook.com/events/250669225695014/

Sunday pushes us into the realms of the big guns although it is looking sparse on players and crew at the moment
https://www.facebook.com/events/393207754495960/

And Tharinos - We need you to book on to the event and let us know what you are doing and pay and so forth - We really need crew for the event!

So that is us for this week - We'll be finishing up your downtimes and working on the weekend events and the like but if you need me for anything else you know where I am, feel free to give me a prod.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 09:49 
GOLDAM

Hello Heroes!

Welcome to midweek update where we look ahead to the weekend and deal with any issues that we might be facing there. We'll start with the low end Privateer day for AC's birthday on Saturday that needs a collection of crew to make it work.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5552

Sunday is a High End event if you are big and up for it be along and be strong - Again, needs some actual crew shaped people.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5553

The Weather looks like it will be a comfortable.....really hot so dress appropriately and bring some water if the game goes ahead :-)

As ever the standard questions apply

Larper need sleepy place
Larper need lift to site
Larper go debrief
Larper need lift to debrief

Stay Safe Folks

S

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next