Rising Of Chaos

The Legend of Vaklam continues
It is currently 21 Jul 2019, 00:44

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weekly Message
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2018, 08:35 
GOLDAM

Hey everyone

Sorry for the late message but this IS the midweek update where we look ahead to the weekend and see what problems we are facing if any.

Sat - Genritters Grove - Needs some people to clarify what is going on
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5647

Sun - Smiles mission - Needs bodies
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5648

Weather
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637487

Questions:
List there
Lift back
Debrief
Sleepy Space

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2018, 08:58 
GOLDAM

Hello Everyone

Welcome to the midweek update, first one for a while, where we look at the upcoming weekend and any problems that we might be a facing. Let's start with Saturday which has had a load of dropouts since booking but it is Matt W's birthday so we are hopeful that people will still book in
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5689

Sunday is the next part of the Lycan Storyline and could do with a little assist:
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5690

If you are along the weather is like this and you should dress appropriately.

If you are along, as ever, the following questions will need answering:
Larper need lift to site
Larper need go debrief
Larper need lift to debrief
Larper need sleepy space

Stay Safe Kinds

S

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2018, 11:05 
GOLDAM

Hello Wonderful People,

I hope that this message finds you in fine form, fetlock and fettle and that you had a wonderful weekend wherever you were and whatever you were doing. This weekend we got back into the game after a week off post forts and it was certainly interesting. As many of you know I lost three members of my family this year and Saturday the grief hit hard which made me extremely grateful for the fact that you lot, you're all basically wonderful people. On top of that we also got to go larping and eat fish and chips which basically made the weekend wonderful.

It was great to finally address the issues of the College and the power that resounds its way through those terrible and ancient halls. Great scenes were had around the colleges and it was good to theorise our way through the ideas behind Argan and then the Gillieabad there and the whole principals behind the Vorkisht. Lots of words. Meeting the folk of Drangsturm along the flame trench and trying to be totally alien, representing a very different culture was also very top notch and something that I really enjoy getting my teeth into.

As ever we couldn't do a week without the heroes of RoC who make the games and the magic happen. Those wonderful people are as follows: Me! Shirley Austin, Mike Roberts, Elizabeth Kefford, AC Day, Craig Beadnall, James Henry, Gary Llewellyn, Simone Hibbert, Neil Gunfield, Matt Hussey, Matt Warwick, Jack Padley, Pete Walls and undoubtedly many, many more. You are the best of folks, your help is greatly appreciated and you are loved for it.

So that was last week and this is next:
The Majaneth line is Saturday - A good place to start up characters and get to know the adventuring world and the Colleges.
https://www.facebook.com/events/739066713110356/

Sunday we fort crew types will be getting together for rehearsals
https://www.facebook.com/events/336540417097513/

Because the following week a load of us will be in Bulceephar
https://www.facebook.com/events/363611620738256/

So that's me - nice and easy, or so people tell me. If you need me let me know and I will do what I can to help you.

In the meantime: Have a Foxes and Crows week brilliant people, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 08:21 
GOLDAM

Hello Awesome People,

Welcome to the Mid-Week update where we answer questions and look at any issues that we might have with the upcoming weekend. Sunday is a day of prep for the Forts so we only have the one event and that event is a CoCP based event for lower end or starting individuals.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5695

We are looking smooth on numbers but we can take a few more players and are always up for more crew - If you can let me know by the end of the day I can write roles for you.

Post that we have the following questions for you

Larper need lift to site
Larper go debrief
Larper need sleepy space.

If some kind soul could offer me and the kit a lift to the site and back that would be proper aces.

Okie Dokie

Stay Safe People

S

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2018, 11:38 
GOLDAM

Hello Wonderful People of RoC

My wishes, as ever, are that this message finds you in fine form, fetlock and fettle and that you had an excellent weekend wherever you were and whatever you were doing. RoC had a really good weekend and what felt like a return to some normalacy, I have managed some sleep and recovery and wasn’t as exhausted as I have been. The crew, particularly Matt Warwick, where wonderful and managed to pull of some outstanding story. Personally I am dead with the flue, again, after the weekend but basically functioning and keen to talk about the weekend that we had!

Both days were under crewed but, as I said, my volunteers handled it all tremendously well. There was great interaction between the players, the story and the DPC’s of the weekend. It was a wonderful introduction to the Teeth on Saturday and some top hole Sea Hag plot development. I loved the House of Legates Daemons and the pursuit across the island of Jod which felt properly atmospheric. Sunday switches across to the wonderful story of The Temple of Mercy and the City of Zoranthyal and we got some proper leverage on that, which was aces to see. The player reaction to the curse breaking was very cool as was the unrelenting nature of the Shitean. All in a fabulous weekend that went pretty smoothly all things considered. A special mention to the afterparties that were full of love and laughter which made the experience even more rewarding.

As with every week it is time to sing the praises of the worthies that made the whole thing possible so my huge thanks to: Matt Warwick, Anthony Gunfield, Shirley Austin, James Henry, Simone Hibbert, Craig Beadnall, Mike Roberts, Pete Walls and the gang for crewenating and for the weeks refs meeting; we got a lot done. Pooped now

So that was last week and this is next:
Sat
https://www.facebook.com/events/293738881244704/

Sun
https://www.facebook.com/events/2122958247969868/

So that’s definitely me for now I need to go and have a lay down somewhere quiet, but if you need me just prod the carcass like form and I will see what I can do.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people I look forward to seeing a whole load of you at the weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 08:27 
GOLDAM

Merry Halloween Heroes,

Welcome to the Wednesday Update where we look at the weekend ahead and figure out any issues that we may be facing and what me need to do to fix them. As we wind down for the year and try and give the system a needed rest this year we only have one event this weekend on the Saturday and that looks like this
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5727

Needs some love on the crew and player front, there is plenty on offer and a post regarding payment and parameters is also available here:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5726&fbclid=IwAR2ZhNm6qrt6DlUcvA327tSKzYFrk1r2dsQhxbGo1NdWk3q_c2FTM_PZD1c

The weekend weather looketh like this so dress appropriately

As ever the following list of questions is applicable if you are intending to be along:
Larper need lift to site
Larper go debrief
Larper need sleepy space

That’s that

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2018, 08:32 
GOLDAM

Hello heroic folk of RoC,

Welcome to the Monday Morning Message and let me start by offering my apologies for being so unwell this weekend, I am still properly flued up. If I had made it to Saturday I would not have achieved a great deal of standing up, hopefully I will be better for the weekend to come. I am sure it would have been great. I did take the opportunity to get 11.01 nearer completion and we could well see that up for proof reading sooner than expected. I promise that this weekend will be a go, go, go so long as we can muster the crew!

This week is downtime week so get those in and we are back to full on downtime responses! Other than that the weekend looks like this:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2122958247969868/

Well that was an easy Monday Message!

If you need me you know where I am

Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to bumping into a load of you in the week and seeing even more of you at the weekend.

Have a Foxes and Crows week people

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2018, 10:21 
GOLDAM

Hey wonderful folks,

Welcome to the midweek update where we look at what is going on at the weekend, November is mainly a month of one days and Saturday is that day – As ever it needs a little bit of love.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5734&p=39000#p39000

Weather will look like this
Looks a little damp

Standard Questions Apply

Larper need lift to site
Larper go debrief
Larper need sleepy space

So that is me

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 09:07 
GOLDAM

Hey, hey heroic folk of Vaklam,

I hope that this message finds you in fine form, fetlock and fettle and that you had an excellent weekend wherever you were and whatever you were doing. Despite it being the penultimate weekend in the words for the year it felt fresh and tasty, for me at least, after an illness enforced break from my games. It was a great event which we propped up really well with a lower end of volunteers. Nonetheless they worked really hard and we managed to pull off a well received event, it was nice to hear the big praise at the end and do the old school debrief afterwards funtimes.

Feedback after Saturday was: We wanted to do the bank job and we were super impressed at how “not what we thought it would be” it was. The new use of psionics seemed to work, supporting handouts and images worked and took people in the right direction, just need to get everything going in the same direction re the new stuff. Personally I loved the return to the islands of Kazalikata which were first visited in January 2013 and finally put to rest that story arc. And the Orsai Bank outpost and raiding that, players finding the workers lunches on the island full of blood sacrifice guys, it was all very cool.

As ever we couldn’t run the system without the dedication and support of the crew and volunteer team for events and behind the scenes. This week’s huge thanks go to: James Woods and Jack Padley, the heroes of Saturday and to the general assistance of system people this week: Pete Walls, Simone Hibbert, Gary Llewellyn and Ed Owen Jones all of whom helped out one way or the other last week. You guys are wonderful!

So that was last week and this is next – The last weekend of the year potentially – We’d love to see as many of you as possible!

Saturday – House of the Last Word , genericy goodness which seems to be open to lower end peeps of all flavours
https://www.facebook.com/events/736206863390486/

Sunday a last rampage against the drug dealing, soul selling Double O, out of Egaria.
https://www.facebook.com/events/562141264215236/

This week I will be finishing off your downtimes and getting those out and digging out my Christmas recipes. Then there is a lot of catching up to do in December during the “Holiday Month”. We’ll put out a January bookings and Fort bookings post today as well, what the hell.

If you need me, as ever, I will be here just a prod away.

So that’s me: Have a Foxes and Crows week people, I look forward to seeing a whole load of you next weekend and bumping into even more of you between now and then.

Take Care of Each Other

S

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2018, 07:40 
GOLDAM

Morning True Believers (sadness)

How we all doing? Welcome to the midweek update where we look at the weekend and deal with any issues that we might have to face. It’s the last weekend of the year and we’d love to see as many people as we can as it is kinda also the Christmas party! We’ll start with Saturday and we needeth the crew! More players are also welcomed
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5738

Sunday is pretty similar except that we mainly need crew
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5739

If you are along the weather looks like this so Saturday needs more crew to build the dry places

We aim to have waterproof places and heating

As ever if you are along we need to know:
Larper need lift to site
Larper go debrief
Larper need sleepy space

Please answer today! Pubs book out quickly near Christmas time

Stay Safe Kids

S

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next